Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Let the games begin!

Hello family and friends! I am so excited to have the opportunity to keep you all up to date, so to speak, on our lives here in Chicago! We miss you all so much... I hope you enjoy reading about our day to day adventures. I have a few friends here that do this for their families, and I've wanted to do it also for a long time. I hope to get a lot of "Comments" back, so let's begin...

We'll start with Troy. He works for McDavid and is enjoying it. He's the promotional manager over ten states. He has to travel often and that is very hard on us! We don't like to be apart from each other. He was recently in western Illinois, where he had the chance to visit Carthage jail. He took the tour and said it was really amazing to see it! Hopefully this summer we'll get the chance to go down as a family and do the tour.

Papa, Troy's dad also works for McDavid, so we get to see him when he comes out to Chicago. He recently was here and we got to spend three days with him!!! It was so nice! I'll post the pics soon. Avery just loves his Papa!!!

Jaylyn is in 8th grade. She is absolutely beautiful! She is still singing and she just had a Christmas program at West minister College, where she sang "Breath of Heaven". Although we didn't get to see it in person, Papa sent us pictures and Nana told us all about it! Jaylyn also has taken up playing the violin. She played recently at her school for their Christmas program. She is very talented, we can't wait to see where it takes her!

Kasey is in 7th grade. She too is absolutely beautiful! She is doing well in school. She just finished a season of volleyball. She had never played before, and played very well! You can see her natural talent when she plays sports, it makes me very proud!!! Basketball tryouts are Jan.3rd so I'll be sure to let you know if she makes the team! Kasey is also the second counselor in her Beehive class at church. The young men and women had the opportunity to go to the Chicago temple last month to do Baptisms for the dead. This was the second time kasey had done this and she said the experience was really amazing. It is so wonderful to watch your children's testimony of the Gospel grow!

Next is Hallie. She is in 2nd grade, and she just turned 8 years old! She is so tall and as darling as ever! She is taking dance lessons, and is truly a natural! She loves to play with her dolls, and her cousin Jett. Hallie is hoping for a cell phone this year from Santa. I don't know for sure if she'll get one, but I do know she'll be happy with whatever she gets! She is very sweet.

Avery, Avery, Avery... 2 years old and "runnin" the show!!! I can't tell you how darling this boy is! Troy and I are so thankful for him in our lives! After three girls, it's always an adventure with this boy! He keeps us on our toes. He is very smart and very funny! His favorite food is "Sticky rice" he just loves it (just like his daddy). He also loves to watch Dora and Diego. It is so fun to watch him as he does and says what ever they do! He thrives on attention, like most 2 year olds I suppose, he is truly a joy!

Kain, the d.o.g.- He's a naughty little doggy. We have to totally "Kain" proof the house before we leave, or he'll destroy it! The blinds are lifted, the food put up off of the counter, the garbage taken out, and a blanket put over the couch, so he doesn't get hair all over it when he gets up on it to look out the window! But other than that we love him like another child!

Finally, Me...
I work from home. I don't get paid it's all pro-bono work. It's basically house work and babysitting! I couldn't be happier with this job either! I love taking care of my home and my family. I miss Utah, and all that live there everyday! I'm trying to make the best of this situation, and really, it's getting better! I absolutely love our ward! I have many girlfriends that I love to see and talk to! We do a lot of fun stuff together, I'll post many pics!!!

My testimony has grown in ways I never could have imagined! I love this Gospel and will never again live without it in my life! I look forward to life with my amazing husband and children, and will continue to work towards an Eternity with them also...

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

Yay---You have a blog, it's about time! I wish I was going to be there to celebrate your birthday this week. I have been thinking about you. I'll check back for updates! Love you

Kandace said...

Meg,

This is so fun!!! I can't wait to read more! Does this mean we can't talk on the phone for hours anymore? You better still take my calls. We'll always have lots to talk about and catch up on. Give those kids (and the d.o.g) a kiss and hug my brother for me. Love you and miss you all!!!

Kandace

Nico said...

Megs,
You look fabulous in your pics! This is such a fun idea! Reading about you all make me miss you even more! It sounds like you're loving life out there in the windy city. I still really want to come out sometime soon, hopefully before the wedding. You have an adorable family and I miss you all! Wish you were here with us for the holidays! Love you!
XOXO Nicole

colby said...

Suprise, I'm in!!! Happy Birthday tomorrow. You're getting old. I can't wait till you get your first gray hair and your first wrinkle! Misery loves company. Hope Santa makes it to your house. Have a very Merry Christmas! It's just not the same at moms without you there. I have so many memories of the discussions we would get into about the church. I still am amazed that we got through that stuborn head of yours. You're just blessed to have the parents you got because everyone else would have given up on you. I have no doubt it was because of their prayers you are where you are now and with your dear sweet gem of a husband. Why you got all the blessing I'm not quite sure, but I'm glad you did! Give my love to the kids and Troy and i guess the dumb d.o.g. Love ya tons, Big sista

colby said...

Woops, that's blessings (plural)cause you got more than one. Because I'm a rookie blogger I hit send instead of edit! Actually I don't get the whole blog thing, but thats what you get when you have a sister thats old enough to be your mother and your mother is old enought to be your grandma!

Nikki said...

Meg... OK OK OK --- I finally found the time to check out your blog. Actually it is only because my studly, sculpted and sexy husband got on the computer and showed me what to do. He's actually typing this message because it would take me 30 minutes to type this... anyway now that he is through complaining and being an absolute ar$se, I enjoyed reading your blog. Everyone looks hot in the pics. It looks like you have some great friends. I would like to see some pics of the sites there in Chicago but only if they have your hotness in them. Happy Birthday tomorrow... I'll be giving you a call. Love... Nikki and (steve the scribe)