Thursday, December 20, 2007

Holiday fun...

Ya, he's so dang cute!
All I have to do is point the camera in Avery's direction and he's ready for the shot!

Troy has to send out 'work' Christmas cards every year to all of his clients. So this year we took this pic of Kain in front of a McDavid sign and had it made into cards at Costco. We couldn't get one with his eyes open because
of the flash. But it turned out pretty cute anyway...

It was our ward Christmas party a few days ago. It was pretty fun. The food was good and Avery had a really fun time. But we can absolutely NOT get him to sit on Santa's lap.
We promised him anything he wanted and still NO WAY!
He kept saying "Santa's a nice guy, Mommy."
And I was like "Yes he is sweetie, so sit on his lap."
I think he was trying to convince himself that he was a nice guy, but he just couldn't do it...
He wouldn't even come in the room at first. I can't believe we got this close to him?
Anyway, he told Santa everything he wanted from the comfort of my lap and it was very cute...

Here he is jumping off a rafter into his daddy's arms. This started a string of little boys wanting to jump into Troy's arms too.
BOYS...



Amanda and I are on the ward events committee together. From the look of her body language I was just a little too close for comfort! Actually every picture I have with her she looks like I'm too close. She's not real big on touching, which just makes me want to get even closer to her
just to tease her!
Love you Amanda, really I do...





Then came the box of Christmas presents from Nana and Papa. This happens every year, the kids can't get the gifts out fast enough so they can play in the box and get those stupid 'peanuts' all over the house! That drives me crazy to try and clean those things up!

But thank you for all of the gifts Nana and Papa, we are so very thankful...
Which brings me to yesterday. Papa was in town (I know-rare) And even more rare we went to dinner with him. I bet you can't guess where we went for dinner???

Give up?
BENIHANNAS
It was great, like always.


But before dinner we went to the mall. Every year Nana and Papa get all the grand-kids
'Build-a-bears' On top of all the other gifts they give them...
Avery chose a dinosaur which he named 'Cubbie' he dressed him in a Cubs uniform and
absolutely loved it!


Kasey, however, wanted clothes more than a B.A.B. so Papa let her choose a couple things from Abercrombie....She was very happy also.
I would have pictures to show from last night
but I forgot to take my camera??? I never forget my camera. I was a little bummed. Papa, however was happy about that. I drive him a little crazy with all the pictures I take...
Thanks again Papa, we love you!









4 comments:

Amanda said...

I love it that you take your camera everywhere! I always feel like a dork bringing my big SLR with me! Maybe some day the big black boxy camera will be a sexy accessorie and suddenly I will look cool instead of just a member of the press....anyway....cute pics as always. I LOVE the pic of Kain for the Christmas card, what a cute idea...what, Kain wouldn't wear McDavid clothes himself? What about a cool hat? Maybe that's for next year. Hey, I have a really big bag of PINK styrofoam peanuts, you want them?

doezie10 said...

Amanda, It's so funny that you would say that about Kain wearing a hat...We tried to put one on and take the pic, but he would drop his head down the second Troy would move his hand away.
And thanks anyway about the peanuts...even if they are PINK!!!

Chelsea said...

Ummmm, just checking to see if there is anything NEW and EXCITING and UNEXPECTED happening. I guess not.....

Mercy said...

Fun photos!!! So do you have any other news to share with your Illinois friends?