Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Painting...

Friday night, Troy and I were invited to attend a Temple session, at the Chicago Temple. This marked the "second" time we had left Avery with his sister Kasey. We almost didn't go because I was so worried about leaving him, but after many prayers we decided they would be fine, so off we went. We took Avery and Kasey to our friends Amy, and Kelly's house, so they could hang out with their kids. They had a wonderful time!
This first picture is of our friends Josh and Kalie, they are getting married on Jan. 26th- in the St.George Temple. We won't be able to get to Utah for their wedding, so we didn't want to miss this opportunity to be in the Temple with them.

So we walk into the Temple, and I start asking this guy at the front desk about all the painting. I asked him if he would take us into the Baptismal room so we could see my Dad's painting of "Jesus teaching in the Temple at Twelve" He takes us in there and as we were looking at it, this guy says to me "So your Father painted this?" and I said yes and he then said "Well do you want it?" I was like what? Do I want to "Take" the painting home? He said yes, you can have it, we are replacing it because it's a little faded, and there's a couple dents in it! So I gave him my info and he's going to call me when we can go pick it up! I don't know how were going to get it in our truck, it's really big? We might have to borrow an open bed truck or something? We really don't have a wall big enough to hang it on either, but someday we will! How awesome is that!!!

After a beautiful evening, we went to dinner with Amy,Kelly,Chelsea, and Mike- It was great. We always have so much fun with them, we can't wait to do it again!






No comments: