Saturday, January 20, 2007

Ode to the Eldest Bro...



Happy Birthday to my brother GRIG!!!

My brother Grig is 20 years, 11 months, & 3 days older than me! Today is his birthday, and so I wanted to write a little something about/to him. This picture was taken of us in 2001- it's actually a picture of a picture, that's why it's so dark. All of our "Old" pictures are on our "Old" computer, so I can't get to any of them until we transfer them on to our "New" computer, anyway, that's why it's a little dark and hard to see!

It's probably hard to imagine having a brother that's old enough to be your father, but actually it's a great blessing, especially when it comes to advice, which Grig has given me often, and it's always "Good" advice!!! I can't thank him enough for always believing in me, and never just "Writing" me off, even when I didn't want or (Need, so I thought) his advice!

I've always been able to turn to him, when I've needed him most. He helped us write letters to the First Presidency, when we were trying to get Sealed, which without him, I know things would have possibly been a lot harder, maybe even the outcome would have been different. There's a lot to be said about a well written letter, it seems your taken much more seriously! We are so thankful to him for all of his help!

Over the years I have received numerous letters from him, trying to help me in anyway he possibly could. I often go through his letters, and can find something "New" each time I read them! We may not of "Grown up" together, but none the less, he is my "BIG" brother and I love him with all of my heart!

I wanted to mention just one last thing. If you remember, my favorite and lucky number is "10" but when Troy and I were married, it didn't work out for us to marry on the 10th, so instead we married on the 12th. My Dad wrote us a beautiful tribute about the number 10, which I blogged about a while back, so my brother Grig decided to write us a little something about the number 12. This is what he wrote...

Many numbers have particular import or significance in religious contexts (e.g., 3,7,10,12,40, ect.) Remember the significance of the number "12": the "12" apostles; the "12" Tribes of Israel; a stake high council is comprised of "12" members; the priesthood is received initially by young men at "12" years of age; the only account of a specific event in the Savior's youth (after His birth and subsequent flight into Egypt) was when He was teaching the Jewish doctors in the temple when He was "12" years of age; the number "12" (and its multiples) relates to various quorums of the church (e.g. a full deacons' quorum has 12 members, a teachers' quorum has 24 members, a priests' quorum has 48 members, and a full elders' quorum consists of 96 members), etc. Perhaps you can now add "12" to your repertoire of "lucky" numbers- just something to think about...

Grig, again I love you................Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

JoAnn said...

Hi Meg! I love reading your blog, I especially love the pictures. My work people love the blog too but they keep asking me who you are because your hair is a different color in each picture. I tell them beause you look good nomatter what color your hair is you can do that. In fact there is a girl here that has started to change her hair color because of you, nice job. The picture of you and Grig is very cute of you. Hey do you know Taylor DeBry? I was talking to Brad DeBry yesterday asking him if he knew you but he's a little older so he didn't remember you & you probably don't remember him. He is very nice, said his brother Taylor is a crazy guy. Well, send more pictures, love you Meg, my son, and Kasey and curly haired Avery, Oh and of course Kain. By for now, Jo