Friday, February 2, 2007

The "DYNAMICS" of Women...




I had a wonderful conversation this morning, with a good friend of mine, Chelsea. Even though we have only known each other for a couple years, I feel I've always known her. I'm not saying we knew each other in the pre-existence, or anything like that. Because really I don't know, and also it doesn't matter if we did or didn't. All I'm saying is I really love her, and feel we have a really special friendship. It made me think about all of the friendships I've had over the years, and no matter how I change, or they change, we can still be friends. This means so much to me.


I guess another reason friendships are on my mind, is because there's a little "drama" here, and it involves my girlfriends, and me... It's really not a big deal, but it's interesting to watch just how quickly a little mole hill, gets turned into a mountain!!! Women are to say the least, very, very interesting creatures! I actually love all of the dynamics of women, which the word "Dynamics" is very interesting itself, the definition is...( The various forces, physical, moral, economic, etc.- the way such forces shift or change in relation to one another) I'm very interested in "Women" in general. I love to hear about "Women" succeeding, or winning, or anything that LIFTS her and other "Women" up! Can't we all just get along? Can't we just be "FOR" one another, not against, or competing against each other? Why don't more "Women" want to empower other women?



I feel I'd better make sure you all don't get the wrong idea, about me, or the way I feel about "Women" I don't consider myself a feminist, or anything like that. Really, I'm not. I still want my man to pull out my chair, hold the door for me, and give me diamonds when ever possible!

I'm just saying, through out my life, I have had good, bad, and down right UGLY relationships with women, and when it's all said and done, I only want the GOOD!!! I know it all starts with me. I look at my relationships differently than I use to. I try and surround myself, with smart, beautiful, talented, positive, multi-layered, women! The relationships I've kept over the years, are because these women had all of these qualities to begin with, and have only strengthened.







I am truly blessed to have "Made" great friends, and to have "Married into" great friendships! I have a wonderful relationship with my Mother in law, Jo-Jo and sister in law Kandace! How lucky is that! I hear horrible "In-law" stories all the time, and yet I have inherited (so to speak) two beautiful new friends!











I am so grateful for all of my very different girlfriends! I hope and pray, I am a great friend to all of you in return! I love to learn all I can from each and everyone of you! And it means a great deal to me to know that we can always be friends...









So here's to the girlfriends, that make me a better me... I love you all!!!






5 comments:

colby said...

You're starting to sound more and more like Grig everyday!!!

Amanda said...

Megan--
Hey, very interesting post. I was just thinking the SAME thing about women in general, wondering if there was some kind of scientific explanation for the dynamics between us and surrounding us. I mean, we can be such witches sometimes to each other. I am so glad you posted this. I hope all is well.
:) Amanda

Chelsea said...

Great post Meggy!! I love women too, we are very interesting. I'm glad you are one of the women in my life, you may very well be one of the most interesting women I know - and I mean that in a very good way.

Kandace said...

I love you Meg!!! I feel like I'm the lucky one. You have done more for our family than you'll ever know. We're all lucky!!!
Love Kandace

Stefanie said...

You have an excellent point- why can we all just be "for" each other? Thanks for such a great post- you have given me so much to think about and simply reading this has made me a better person.