Sunday, February 11, 2007

Questions, Questions, Questions...

Last week in church, a gentleman stood at the pulpit to bare his Testimony. He said, "Growing up, My Father always said to me, that on Sunday, there is no place more important to be than at church!" I can truly appreciate this advice, especially at this juncture in my life. I love it when I leave church, and feel as though I have learned something very valuable that I WILL apply to my life... Anyone who knows me, knows that I question EVERYTHING!!! It's not that I just HAVE to have the answer in order to believe something, Because a lot of the time, I don't get the answer- or it's not the answer I wanted, or thought it would be. But none the less, I ask the question! I think I'm just a very curious person, and I like to have all the information that I can possibly have, on any subject.
Anyway, I had a lot on my mind, this week (as some of you witnessed firsthand- sorry about that!) and I found myself questioning -MYSELF- I'm very hard on myself. I expect a lot from myself...Be a good Mother, Wife, Friend, Sister, Daughter, Latter Day Saint... It's a little daunting, when I make the "list" of all of the things required of me. Which brings me to Church, today! You know when you sit there, listen to the talks, and you're saying to yourself, "This talk was written for me" Well that's exactly how it was for me today. My darling friend Chelsea spoke in Sacrament Meeting (she is a FABULOUS speaker,) her talk was based around D&C 82:3 which reads- For of him unto whom much is given much is required; I can not deny that MUCH has been given to me, and in return much is required. I have to learn to balance my life better. I need to try and ease up on myself, so to speak- I need to concentrate on MY relationship with my Savior. I need to forgive myself for not being perfect, and move on! I understand, I really do- It's just that sometimes I need a little reminder, I just need to sit IN CHURCH and listen...

If you're wondering, why I put these pics up with this post? I really didn't have any reason, other than the fact that I love to put pics up with any post, even if they don't "go" with anything I'm writing about?
And finally, I wanted to tell my darling friend Jill, You gave a beautiful lesson today,"Thank you, and I owe you one!!!" A big one for that matter...

4 comments:

Jill said...

Megan, you are fabulous AND beautiful. I will teach lessons and say prayers for you anytime!

Chelsea said...

Meg--I am glad you liked my talk. In a lot of ways you helped me write it. You are an awsome friend, I am so glad we finally found each other! xoxox

colby said...

Meg - read the book "Believing Christ". It puts the gospel in perspective and puts you more at ease about being "perfect".

Amanda said...

Megan--
We all learn by asking a lot of questions!! You are a wonderful friend, beautiful woman and a great example to all of us!!