Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A "TRUE" love story...




Welcome to CHICAGO Mom... She had to call Dad, and let him know she made it!
As most of my family back in Utah knows, my Mom has flown 1400 miles to come visit her favorite daughter and favorite grand-babies... She isn't sure when she'll be returning to Utah, we'll just see how long she can stand being away from her sweetheart, who proposed to her on this very day 55 years ago!!! My Dad was in Junction City Kansas, getting ready to go to WAR- the Korean War. He called my Mom and proposed to her over the phone. Thankfully, she said YES, and about 14 days later she went to Kansas, to marry him. The night she got there, she had to stay in a hotel, all alone- because my Dad had to go back to the base. The next morning, he came and picked up my Mom, took her back to the base where they were married, by a Missionary. The other missionary was one of the witnesses, and they asked a carpenter to stop working, and come over to be the second witness.


They stayed there in Kansas for 3 months, and then went up to Seattle where my Dad would leave for Korea, a week later. He told my Mom what pier he would be shipping off at, so she could come see him off. She looked everywhere, but couldn't find him, and she stood there and cried...




After 11 months of separation, My Dad came home to his beautiful bride, and his first born, they had five more children, and they lived happily ever after!!!



Anyway, having Grandma here is so much fun! Kasey and Avery absolutely adore her! And I have such a wonderful time, talking with her about my childhood, and just how rotten I was, and how much I've changed, and blah, blah, blah... I love to cook for her and try and take care of her, like she has always taken care of me! I have the sweetest little Mommy in the whole world, and I miss her everyday that we're apart. I'll always treasure these special times that I have with her!
So you know how you NEVER say swear words in front of your Mom! And when you do hear a swear word when your with your Mom you just cringe!!! Well, my darling little son Avery can't quite say the word truck. He just can't say the "T" sound it comes out "F" sound. And even though he doesn't mean to, (say the "F" word) I still find myself saying yes TRUCK_TRUCK, really loudly after each time he says it, which is ALL the time... It's pretty funny! Avery also calls Grandma, Grandpa? No matter how many times you say GrandMA, he still says GrandPA- it's very endearing! So here's to a beautiful Valentines Day, spent with My Gorgeous husband, two of our darling children, and my Beautiful Mom, it almost doesn't get any better than that!





3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Oh I love it! What a great post Meggy! Your mom is seriously so pretty, I can see where you get your beauty. I hope you guys have a great time while she is visiting.

colby said...

It is great to know that "rotten" kids can grow up to be nice people! Mom and dad have the patients of saints. They have been tested more than most. Because of their great example we as siblings have been truly blessed. I don't know what we did in the pre-existence to deserve our parents, but it does go to show the Lord must have liked us just a little more! Love you mom! Have a great time with your second favorite daughter! I know all your grandkids are your favorites!!!

Jill said...

She sounds like a wonderful mommy! Like mother, like daughter. I love her "love" story...what a great legacy to pass on.