Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Food for thought...

I've had a couple requests to post a few pictures and recipes of what I've been eating while on the Doezie fitness challenge/South Beach diet. As you can see I start the day off with some Eggo Waffles, then lunch Mac-n-cheese, and for dinner I say "what the heck" I'll just eat cookies!!!
(Chels, look familiar?)
Just kidding, that's food for my kids! And Chelsea. Anyway, I've actually been doing very well, and have been following the S.B. diet to the T... So here are a couple recipes that I've been enjoying...

Breakfast- Asparagus Benedict...
2- sticks Asparagus (Steamed)
2- slices Canadian Bacon
2-eggs (I scrambled mine)
Hollandaise Sauce

Hollandaise Sauce recipe...
4 egg yolks
1/2 tea. salt
1/2 tea. dry mustard
1 Tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 squirt Tabasco
1 stick butter ( Use Smart balance spread 7 tablespoons)
Melt Smart balance in a sauce pan, and keep warm. Into the blender place the yolks, salt, mustard, lemon juice, and Tabasco. Blend for three seconds. Heat your melted smart balance until it just starts to sputter, but not burn. Then turn the blender back on, and slowly pour in the hot smart balance. The sauce is suppose to thicken but with the "Fake" butter, it really doesn't get thick, but it is still DELICIOUS!!! (This makes enough sauce for 4)

Lunch: Crab Cobb Salad... (serves 2)
Romaine lettuce
2 to 4 king crab legs (Steamed)
1 Roma tomato
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
2 strips turkey bacon bits
1/4 cup Newman's Own balsamic vinaigrette

I also wanted to let you in on a seemingly "Sinful" treat...
Reese's peanut butter cups protein shakes... Alright, alright, there isn't actually Reese's cups in it, but I promise you'll think there was! Here's the protein we use, vanilla and chocolate. We buy it at (GNC)
Use half and half of each flavor, skim milk, (just follow the directions for the shakes) add a few ice cubes, and a small scoop of peanut butter. Blend in blender. I'm tellin ya, you'll love it!

2 comments:

Karli said...

Megan,

Quick protein shake question. I have both the vanilla & chocolate protein powders but usually make them with water. Do you just substitute the amount of water suggested with the same amount of skim milk when making this shake? And, how well does peanut butter blend? We use Adams natural kind... Thanks, it sounds like you're eating great!

Karli

doezie10 said...

Karli-
Yes, we just substitute the water with skim milk, and add a couple pieces of ice to the blender. As for the peanut butter, we just use skippy smooth. I'm not a big peanut butter eater, so a Tablespoon or less added to the shake is plenty for me. As for blending it, we've never had a problem? Try it, let me know what you think...