Monday, May 7, 2007

DOG the SCALE!!!

FORGET THE SCALE!!! Listen, really listen! If you are exercising regularly and eating well, then look in the mirror for your reference, and ask yourself how you are feeling and looking!

The scale is for those individuals who are "sorta" working out and "kinda" trying to eat better. They're checking to see if they are getting away with it! Believe me, I want to look down at the number on that scale and see a really big drop! But the reality is, it doesn't change THAT much. But when I look in the mirror, I see a change. And every morning when I wake up, I 'm excited to continue on this quest to lose weight and be healthy!!!

Life has cycles, and some weeks are up and some are down. Your motivation to want to exercise and eat healthy is to BE HEALTHY and HAPPY! Movement and food are plugged directly into your emotional state. Nobody said this was going to be easy, and who wants something that's easy anyway? Ha-Ha But really, don't get discouraged, it's only been two weeks! We've only just begun! (plug Karen Carpenter) Try and look at it differently. Make it your new way of life. The reward will come, but it requires a little patience (plug Axl Rose)

Girls, I am so proud of all of you and I'm proud of myself! This isn't easy, but so what! Don't ever give up, be realistic, if you fall off the wagon, get back on! Keep setting new goals, try and make it fun (if possible)

Alright, a new week to look forward to, here's what I'm going to do... EXERCISE 4 to 5 times a week! Food; I'm going to choose one meal a day to eat carbs. But other than that I'll continue the South Beach guidelines...
Breakfast, no more eggs for me YEAH- HOO! I had some oatmeal today and it was alright? Food has really taken on a different meaning to me? I don't really look forward to eating like I use to. I'm like a machine, I eat because I know it's time to eat. I have a snack because it's time for a snack, etc... And really that's fine, I'll continue eating this way as long as I can, but I'm realistic about "ME" and what I need so I'm going to allow myself a "Cheat Day" On this day, I'm going to "look forward" to eating some really NAUGHTY FOODS!!!! Like CAKE!!! I can hardly wait! But I will, I'll wait, and it will only be that much sweeter...

5 comments:

Il grande chef said...

Very interesting blog!
Bye bye

Amy said...

Thanks for the motivation! I know we can do this. I DO feel good. It is the hardest diet I have EVER done and believe me I have done then ALL.

Freddie Dawn said...

Ok I don't think this is the hardest diet, but man I can't wait till I fell a difference. I have so much to lose before that point. But gratz and you should be a motivational speaker. Is yoga on for this week?

Karli said...

Megan,

I so needed this today. Like the theme of "an instrument in the Lord's hands" for visiting teaching this year, you were totally just that for me with this post!

Yesterday was our last day of bfl & I hadn't weighed in six weeks. I got on and...I had gained 1.5 pounds. Had a breakdown & felt pretty mad until Zac talked it over with me and made me realize that I was gaining muscle, etc... I did lose 9 inches which isn't a ton, but it's something. And, I am feeling good, so I need to just keep going.

To dress up my plain oatmeal, I sprinkle a little splenda & cinammon & some strawberries or frozen rasperries. So yummy! And, the cheat day is such a "sanity saver." I have the best cake recipe for you too...it's sinful! (:

Thanks for plugging along!
Karli

Chelsea said...

I love Karen Carpenter.