Thursday, May 10, 2007

For it's 1,2,3 strikes you're out!

Yes, after almost 3 years of living in Chicago, we finally got to go to a Cubs game. And if judging from the smile on Avery's face you can see we had a great time!

We had a very "interesting" ride up to the ball park on a bus with 30 of my husbands very drunk co-workers! If you ever want to show your teenage children exactly "why" it's not good to drink, just ride in a bus with 30 of them! Kasey was like, I'm NEVER going to drink! But none of that mattered to Avery, he thought it was the coolest thing in the world! He had this smile on his face the entire trip! (not because of the drunks, but because of the bus!) Just wanted to make that clear...

Anyway, Wrigley Field! What a great history! There was so much energy in that stadium, we just loved it! How awesome is that score board! They still put the numbers up by hand! And not just for the Cubs game, but for all of the games that are being played that night!


We sat in the bleacher seats which was fine, for about 4 innings. Then Avery had had it! He started whining and crying and saying "Let me out, let me out!" So Troy and I took him on a walk around the stadium. We were on the hunt to find some milk, which by the way they DON'T sell!








It was a great night. The Cubs won and now we can cross off the last thing we needed to do before moving back to Utah! ( I wish)






Papa, thank you so much for a wonderful evening! Kasey loves her new Cubs shirt, and I still have a little stomach ache from the Chicago dog, which "Yes" I did eat last night! Was it worth it? Yea, as long as I can get the ketchup stains out of my white pants!






(Click on the pic to read the note, very sweet!)

I also want to thank Jill for the delicious happy mail she sent me! It is a tube of her favorite lip gloss, and after using it, I can see why! It is sooooooo yummy! The flavor is vanilla cola! (I need to be careful, I could become addicted!) It tastes and smells just like those little jelly coke bottle candy!
Kas and I couldn't stop putting it on last night! I can't wait to put it on again today!
Thanks again Jill...




2 comments:

Chelsea said...

How fun!!! I love Chicago, it is the greatest city. It looks like you guys had a blast! I am loving the white pants by the way. Very hot!

Amanda said...

Megan-so much fun! We've been here six years and haven't gone to a cubs game! I think you have a lot more things to do here before you move back to Utah! Don't write such a short list girl!
You are really looking good, by the way--wish I saw you more in person than just on this screen, gees, you'd think we lived like six miles apart or something!