Monday, May 14, 2007

I want my MOMMY...

Mothers Day, without our Mothers. Here is a pic of our little family (minus two) on Mothers Day. And even though it was a very beautiful day, filled with love, happiness, and presents just for me, there was still a huge hole in our hearts for our Mothers! Holidays are definitely a sad reminder (as if we need any more reminders) that we are 1400 miles away from almost everyone in the world that we love! I know, I know quit cryin and get on with it!

Anyway, on to the fitness challenge.................. Well where do I start. This weight loss business is really not for me! I must say, through out my life I have been known to be very competitive, motivated, driven- but as I look back at all of the things I was trying to accomplish by being competitive, motivated and driven- they were all things that really just came naturally to me!
In other words, I really didn't have to stretch myself that much to reach the finish line! But with this weight loss thing, I find myself in uncharted territory. I feel frustrated with myself. I can't seem to find my motivation! Yes I want to loss the weight, but I want it to be easy! I want it to be fast! I want to be able to eat whatever I want, and look the way I did 10 years ago! Basically, I want it to be everything it's not!............. Alright, back to the reality of the situation. I'm going to take my own advice and try to be patient! I'll keep plugging along with the "Prize" in mind! I will continue eating "good for me food" and I'll work out 4-5 times a week! I hope my words do not discourage anyone else, but I needed to let you all know what I was going through!
M-

4 comments:

Karli said...

I just adore you! You put into words so much of what I'm feeling too. Since we finished the contest last week & took pictures, you'd think I would have been working even harder right...wrong. (: I didn't journal at all this week which automatically makes me think I am unaccountable for anything I put in my mouth! Funny how it still shows up on my body. I did get three great workouts in, and we're moving so I have been cleaning the new house like crazy, tearing out carpet, etc...

Since you love cake, here's a great recipe for your next free day:
*Bake one devils food chocolate cake mix according to directions. Cool for 15 minutes or so.
*Poke holes all over the cake (with the end of a spoon so the holes are kinda big)
*Mix 1 can caramel ice cream topping, and 1 can sweetened condensed milk together & pour over the cake, into the holes.
*Refrigerate for 2 hours or so.
*Cover with cool whip (1 small tub)
*Hammer 3 Skor or Heath bars and sprinkle over the top. Refrigerate till ready to eat. So yummy!

I'm practicing patience too. Good luck this week! Keep your chin up!
Karli

Amy said...

PATIENCE is the key!!! This is really hard. But WE CAN DO IT MEG!!!!!!!!!!! What else would we be doing? Eating like CRAP and complaining about how fat we feel!Just take it slow and have your free day like you said.Luv ya!

colby said...

Thats why 90% of diets fail. Unless you are willing to change your eating habits for LIFE you WILL gain the weight back and more. While dieting you think about food all day-what you can have, what you can't have. The cake recipe Karli posted is BTS cake (better than Sex cake.) Very low cal!!!

doezie10 said...

Colby, where the heck have you been? You use to write comments on every post, I'm glad you're back! And you DO know how to make an entrance, (better that sex cake?) what kind of sex are you having? j/k don't answer that! Anyway, I have actually made that cake before. Although I don't use choc-mix I make it with white cake mix because that's my fav- but I had never heard of mixing the caramel with condensed milk!(I can't wait to try it!)