Friday, January 11, 2008

Where there is chocolate, there is hope...

My darling girlfriend Amanda gave me a 'sinfully' good going away present. It was a gift certificate to this swanky little chocolate
bar located in downtown Naperville.
I wanted to get some pics of the store front, but because of the lack of parking
my would be photographer/Husband
had to drop me off and circle the block while I went in...
Anyway, the pics I did get don't even come close to doing this place justice!
It is soooo cute!!!
GO THERE if you can! The address is on the web site...
And the chocolate is to die for!
Amanda, thank you so very much! I know you wanted us to go in and do the fondue chocolate, but we just couldn't swing it! But we did leave with boxes full of "hope"
Thank you again...love you!

Then we stopped into Einsteins Bagels for a quick bite...
Now, here's the reason I don't post as
often as I would like to...
My ability to post pictures on my computer is now a serious pain in my .....................
SIDE!
We got a virus on our computer for Christmas. We took it to the Geek squad to get it fixed, and the ONLY thing we lost was the ONLY thing I didn't want to lose!
Before the virus, I able to just slip my memory stick in
and wallah, my pictures would pop up, and I could do what ever I needed to do with them.
Now I have to jump through 25,000 different hoops, just to get to my pics!
Yell...Yell...scream, huff-n-puff
Really, I'm just not good at this computer thing, so even small changes are difficult for me to accept!
Did I mention I don't particularly care for change, unless it's a change of
ZIP CODE!!!



3 comments:

Karli said...

When is the big move? What town, etc? How much closer will you be to me?! (:

That chocolate place looks so yummy! I will definitely have to take residence in a place like that for an hour or so sometime.

I love einsteins bagels too. Yum! Cinnamon is my favorite. Hope the packing & moving process is going well!

Karli

Amanda said...

Bummer, dude, I was so hoping you could do the fondue. Well, at least you got to go in before your big move to the Stinger State. Didn't the Geek squad fix your computer? What good are geeks if they can't really fix the problem? Are you counting down the days?

doezie10 said...

Alright, here we go...
K- I will e-mail you with all the details, but I can tell you we plan to leave the 22nd...
We have quite a bit packed already and then the movers will come pack what's left on the 18th. So from the 18th through the 22nd, we will be painting and cleaning etc. Hopefully all of the touching up and cleaning will help sell the house...
A- With the shortage of time, I feel lucky to have gotten there at all! Maybe when I come to visit...oh scratch that, that will NEVER happen! Anyway, thank you I was feeling a little too skinny, I really needed the chocolate!
Now to the really good news, we took the computer back to the 'Geeks' last night and they fixed it!!!! Yee-haw...I'm back in business!
And YES WE ARE COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS!!!