Saturday, January 12, 2008

Oh, and she never gives out and she never gives in, she just changes her mind.

We decided to try and tackle the Master bedroom today. We had a million holes in the walls, and the paint we had for touch ups was purchased in 1999-

Yikes!

We've already had to buy paint for almost every other room that needed touching up, because we had stored the paint the previous owners had left for us in the garage! Not smart...

FRIGID Chicago temperatures and paint don't mix!
It looks pretty good (considering) the age of the paint, but I guess we'll see tomorrow in the sun light...

Anyway, the house is driving me nuts! It's so not put together and it makes me feel a little uneasy...If we were to get a call from a Realtor, wanting to show the house, we would be in big trouble!
Plus, trying to sell an empty house will be a huge challenge!

It's hard to try and make everything look clean and new! The alternative would be for me and the kids to stay here until the house were to sell, and really that's just NOT and option! I will clean and paint and scrub and anything else it takes...just don't leave me here!


One of the really great thing for me about moving is that we get to eat out almost every meal! I love it! I wanted to take advantage of this eating out thing, and try to only eat at restaurants that they don't have in Utah...
So tonight we ate at Buffalo wild Wings. We love B.W.W. We will miss this place for sure!





(Kas was embarrassed that I wanted to take pictures. She is sporting a very fake smile!)


We bypassed dessert at the restaurant and went to Cold stone for some ice cream...
In the car, on the way back to our house, 'Always a woman'-by Billy Joel came on the radio. It reminded me of going up to Chicago with Chels, Amanda, and Ruth for a little going away dinner for Chelsea, who was moving to UTAH!!!
We went to a little piano bar after dinner called 'The Redhead' and the piano man played that song. As I listened to it tonight, I felt a little sting of sadness to know that I would never again go up to Chicago with those three truly amazing woman that I love dearly!
Instead, I will have to settle for only one of those amazing woman
CHELSEA. And even though downtown SLC is no Chicago,
it's home...
Are you ready Chels? Cuz your always a woman to me...







2 comments:

Amanda said...

If you post pictures of you and Chelsea within the first month of you living in Utah I...well, I...swear I'll....oh nevermind, I won't do anything. Please don't go............

Chelsea said...

2 things. First, I love your bedspread. I don't think I have ever seen it. My bedroom is the same color scheme. Second, Be it downtown Chicago or downtown SLC we will have a blast just as long as we are together. I love you too Meggy! I can't wait for you to get here.