Sunday, July 6, 2008

FIRECRACKER!

CAUTION!!!
If you are sick and tired of seeing pool or fishing pictures-
do not proceed beyond this point!

But for those of you who haven't had enough, here we go....again....and again...
So we found ourselves at the pool again, and it was nice and hot!
Just like my husband!
I have to admit, the pool is cheap entertainment and I get a tan.
Really it's a win~win...
And it was even more fun because Troy came!
After the pool we were off to the ball park.
Here's a rare photo of Jett and Avery actually stopped in one place long enough to take a pic! They run up and down the stairs the entire game...every game!



Here's the fam after the game.

Usually the 4Th of July weekend is


packed with softball games. But for some reason


they were cancelled this year so the 'boyz' only had one game


on Thursday which was nice because it left the rest of the weekend open...
so where did we go?
FISHING of course...




Friday the Fourth O' July found Troy, Avery, Kain and I at East Canyon.
We got there around 11 o'clock a.m.
And I tell you the time we arrived for this reason...
Troy said, and I quote "We didn't catch any fish because we got here too late in the day!"
He was really mad!
Oh I almost forgot, we were also only there for two hours, which is obviously not near enough time to catch anything!





Anyway, Avery and I had a really nice time. Just being at the lake,
even without a boat, is a lot of fun!
Even though I would love~love a boat! Hopefully someday soon!




That night Avery, Troy and I went to a park to watch the fireworks.






Avery absolutely loved them!
He laughed and screamed and just loved all ten minutes of fireworks.
Yes~ ten minutes of fireworks, three hours of waiting for the fireworks to start.
People watching at a park on the Fourth O' July~
PRICELESS!







Saturday morning again found Troy, Avery, Kain and I at a pond
FISHING!
Troy couldn't go another second without catching a fish!
He didn't even care what kind of fish he would catch!
He just HAD to catch one!




(Sushi anyone?)
After a couple hours of Troy trying to catch a fish,
I caught this monster!
I named him 'Charlie'
We un-hooked him and left for home.
I can't remember the exact words he used, but I heard my husband say something about a bomb and throwing it into the pond?
Yes, he is taking this very, very hard!



So what else would we do after fishing?
Swimming!!! Yeah! I love it!
Okay how dang cute is my S.I.L.?
Is that the cutest tummy-EVER?
Not to mention Nicco and her darling, perfect, TWENTY~THREE
YEAR OLD BODY!
('Charlie's Angels' have nothing on us!)
Nicco, Kandace and I probably have a million pictures of us three in this exact pose, different clothes...
Maybe it's time for something new.
We'll see.
Anyway I love you girls!!!



And the Grand finale had nothing to do with water!
YEAH...
Kandace and Tyler invited Nicco, Ty, Troy and I over to watch the UFC fight.
My very favorite fighter (Forrest Griffin) was fighting some monster named "Rampage" Jackson
Seriously the guy was a real monster!
He was hard to look at!
I was so scared for Forrest!
Let's put it this way, if you just happened by Forrest Griffin, and you didn't know who he was, you probably wouldn't even give him a second look. Or if you did give him a second look you would probably be saying to yourself...
"Oh, poor guy."
He's a little goofy looking. His ears stick out and his nose is reminiscent of a small monkey's nose.
Basically all of the endearing qualities that put me on
"Team Forrest"
Anyway, the guy doesn't look mean or tough or anything like that, but man can he fight!
And after five brutal and bloody rounds, he beat "Rampage"
IT WAS AWESOME!
Thanks to all that made this fourth O'July weekend so much fun.












3 comments:

Unknown said...

That was such a fun weekend! Ty and I really love spending time with you two and Kan and Tyler! You're so cute and I love your blogs each week!
Nico

Chelsea said...

Meg--you guys are keeping so busy with all your family. No wonder you were so desperate to come home to Utah--look what was waiting for you! You look happy in all your pictures and of course you look beautiful in all of them too. Let's get together this week, maybe Wednesday.

www.frommysideofthefence.com

Kandace said...

Meg, That was such a fun weekend. We need to do it again real soon. Maybe pickle will be with us this time.
Love you lots!!!