Monday, June 30, 2008

Thank Heaven for little Boys

My beautiful S.I.L. Kandace is about to have her third baby any day now!
HURRY, I CAN'T WAIT!!!
So her Mom decided to throw her a baby shower...
Now I know you don't usually have baby showers for your
third baby, but we aren't exactly your
"USUAL" family!
And this is a very special time for our family and really it could not be more appropriate!
So in honor of this post, I would like to dedicate it to two little angels...
M.B & J.P
Jaylyn honored Kandace with a song. She sang
'Here comes the Sun'
It was absolutely beautiful! And you can believe me when I say, there was not a dry eye in that room!


The last verse she changed the words a little and sang...
Here comes your Son, and we say, it's all right...
It was just perfect and Jaylyn's voice was as beautiful as ever!

A picture of all who attended...
Everyone was suppose to make a funny face or do something funny for this pic...
just in case you were wondering why some of us are being silly!




(Nicco, Kandace and Me...)
It was a lovely shower. I can't wait to meet this little baby, what ever his name may be...
I love you Kandace! I couldn't ask for a sweeter sis~in~law, but I could ask for another one meaning Nicco, whom I also love!






On to the next party...
The above is a picture of Me, Nikki, her husband Steve (holding baby Carson)
and my sister(Nikki's mom) Colby.
We are at my other sister Cara's house. She was hosting a 'farewell' party for her son
Mitchell who is leaving for his mission in a couple weeks.





Here's a picture of some of our family who attended his farewell.
(not shown are three of my four kids and my husband)
who were already in the car!
Can anybody say IMPATIENT?
And rude!





Anyway, this is my darling nephew Mitchell and me. And judging by the amazing farewell talk he had just given, he will be an AWESOME missionary!
Not to mention the fact that he is 6'4 and very handsome! He has maintained a 4.0 g.p.a his entire life, including the year of College he decided to "squeeze" in before he left for his mission!
and he is an accomplished pianist!
Really the only fault I can find with this kid is the love he has for
The University Of Utah. But really that's not entirely his fault because he was raised that way!
GO BYU!

He will serve his mission in
BRAZIL~ it couldn't get any better than that!
I am so excited for him and I am truly grateful to him for his example to all of our family!
We love you Mitchell!






Troy, his brother Ty, Avery, Kasey and I took a little fishing trip last night up to Silver Lake.
The boyz didn't catch anything but it was fun anyway!
It's hard to believe the beauty that surrounds us here in Utah.



I'm sure there will be many fishing posts to come...
Hopefully they will picture some fish instead of Ty being a goof-ball!










3 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm always so glad to see how happy and busy you are with your family in Utah. As always, lovely photos! I am (truly) so happy for Kandace and her new little one. Bittersweet for their family.

Kandace said...

Reading your post even made me cry. Jaylyn was amazing! You are so right, there wasn't a dry eye. You girls are creative...Kasey. How sweet this post was dedicated to MB and JP. I'll have to tell Loni. That's what started the tears. I love you so much!!! I couldn't ask for a better SIL. Thanks for all your help. I know "No name...how sad" can't wait to have you hold him. We love you!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Zachs mom is so cute in the funny picture! GRRR!I love you too! Now we just have to convince Ty that he loves me and then I'll finally be a S.I.L!!! ;)
XoXo