Monday, January 8, 2007

Dinner and a Possum...



Sometimes you just need to cry!!! Yesterday was one of those days for me? Kas, Avery, and I went to church yesterday without Troy. I use to make up excuses not to go to church when Troy was out of town, but I don't want to do that anymore. Kasey doesn't want to miss church, and really I don't want to either. I always have a better week, when we have gone to church on Sunday. Anyway, I felt so weird all day, I just felt so sad and my friends noticed. My friend Lori taught the lesson in Relief Society, and she looked at me a lot, and noticed something was wrong. She took me out in the hall after class and asked what was wrong? I just started crying, and she held me so tight, it was just what I needed. I love her!

Then we left, and before we even got home my friend Kathy called, and asked if we would like to come to dinner? I tried to say no (so I could go home and feel sorry for myself) but she wouldn't take no for an answer. She called twice, just to make sure! She's also my visiting teacher, so she knows me too well, not to call twice! Her whole family meets at her parents house every Sunday for a big dinner. Her Mom is also Kasey's Beehive leader, and she is an amazing woman!

They live in this big farm house, that sits on about 16 acres. Well that's what's left anyway, I believe he said they've sold hundreds of acres, over the years! They have a big fam- just like mine. Five kids, their spouses, and kids, we felt right at home! Dinner was wonderful, then we all sat around (just like my family does) and talked about everything! Sports, religion, kids, jobs, even tattoos, mine of course, and animals- they have wild cats that they feed outside on the porch, and one minute I'm looking at a cat eating, the next minute the cat has moved over so a giant POSSUM could get some dinner! It was crazy, the dog was barking at it, we were against the sliding door looking at it and it didn't even care! As long as you didn't open the door, it sat there eating! Oh the joy of country life!

I am so thankful for the friendships I have made out here! I know I've said it before but I couldn't make it here without them! Kathy, thank you, I love you and I appreciate all you do for me and my family. Thanks for sharing your family with us, we love them also!!!

No comments: