Wednesday, February 28, 2007

It's all about compromise...

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!!! It is my Mom and Dad's 56 year Anniversary today! I thought I would put a few pictures up of them when they first met and fell in love! What a beautiful couple! I am so thankful that they have made this union work for so many years! What a great example they are to their children and to all of our children...



I love to look back at these "young" pictures of my parents. I can't help but wonder if this is how they'll look in the next life? How wild will that be to "Hang Out" with your parents? Well not just your parents, but your "YOUNG" parents? Weird!!! And cool! It reminds me of "Back to the Future" I love that movie!

Anyway, my family is meeting at my parents house tonight, for cake and ice cream- (except for me and my fam, of course) We seem to be missing from the last 2 years of family "Get-together photos" It makes me so sad! Hopefully we won't have to miss another one! Mom, Pop- I love you both, and thank you from the bottom of my heart for being THE GREATEST PARENTS in the world!!!
I'll raise my imaginary glass, and toast to a very loooooong marriage, made in heaven!!! SALUTE!!!

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Meg--your mom is so beautiful. She seriously looks so much like that picture still! I love looking at old pictures-lucky you to have some.

Amy said...

Meg- Beautiful pics. I know it is so... hard on you being away. Just remember there's a reason you are here. I love you to death!!!!

Jill said...

Seriously it ain't so bad here! Ok, well I don't want to stay here forever either, but at least we've all got each other to get through it until we make it back to "Zion". Your mom is quite the dish! Love, love, love the pictures. Congrats to them!

colby said...

Hi Meg! We missed you last night. It's just not the same without you here! We love and miss you guys. It will be interesting in the next life to see how this all plays out won't it? HANG IN THERE!!!

Amanda said...

Oh--I just love to see old photos. Especially since your mom looks just the same! Holy cow! What a wonderful thing--to celebrate a big anniversary like that!!!