Friday, March 9, 2007

Cara, Happy Birthday!

It's my sister Cara's birthday today, Happy Birthday Cara!!!
So I thought it would be fun to tell you a few things about her. I decided I would write something for every year that she's been alive, this could take awhile, (ha-ha) so here we go...

1.She is Beautiful
2.She has three amazing,talented,and very smart children
3.She is a wonderful Mother
4.She loves PIGS! She collects everything, and anything that has a pig on it!
5.Everyone in our family has blue eyes, but Cara's "blue eyes" are the most beautiful!
6.In Utah, where there are mountains, the colleges display a letter on the side of the mountain closest to the school. That letter represents the school. Cara's first year of College, she and a few of her friends climbed up the mountain to "fix" the letter. They where suppose to use some kind of chalk, but whoever grabbed the "stuff" brought the wrong "stuff". Before they knew it was the wrong "stuff" they started throwing it on each other. Seconds later, they all started to feel their skin burning. It wasn't chalk they had thrown on each other, it was LYE!!! Luckily no one was hurt to badly.
7.While at college, Cara starred in the musical "South Pacific" She was Nellie Forbush, and she was AWESOME!!!
8.She has an amazing singing voice, but if you ask her to sing for you she won't! I don't know why?
9.She was also in a play at Lagoon, called "Sweet Charity"
10.When Cara was born she had a fight with the birth canal. She was very "beat up" In her birth-day picture, she has two black eyes, and bruises all over her little face. It's so sad! But she's still darling.


11.Our Dad has painted Cara in many of his pictures
12.On a family road trip (before I was born) Cara screamed in our Dad's ear. He says it's never been the same!
13.Mom said, Cara use to cry in every picture they would try to take? What a little brat! Ha-Ha
14.Cara and our other sister Darcie are closest to each other in age. Darcie use to tease Cara. She would hit her on the arm. Cara would hit her back. Darcie would again hit her (harder) and say, "Don't do it again, or I'll hit you even harder!" but Cara wouldn't back down, she would take hit after harder hit!
15.One time, when Cara was in Kindergarten, she didn't come in after recess. So the teacher called my Mom to see if she had gone home. Sure enough, she was outside sitting in the neighbors yard. My Mom went over to her and asked why she came home? She replied, "I didn't want to take a nap, and the milk they give us is sour!"
16.She cleans our parents house for them, every other week
17.Cara met her husband on a blind date. Our sister Colby had a friend that knew this guy that she thought would be perfect for Cara. So instead of your typical first date (dinner, movie etc.) they went to play Wally Ball with a bunch of friends, so they could "Size each other up," so to speak. They both liked what they saw, and they started dating!
18.Cara is 5'6 her husband is 6'6- they're perfect for each other!!!
19.She has a BOAT!!! I wish I had a boat!
20.She is an excellent water skier
21.They love to go boating on Lake Powell, who doesn't love to go boating on Lake Powell???
22.They boat at East Canyon more than anywhere else (because it's close)
23.She was married in the S.L. Temple
24.She has taught Gospel Doctrine!
25.She said that was a very hard calling!
26.Our parents said she was great at it!
27.She married a Utah fan!
28.She "supports" his love for that "red team" but underneath that sea of red, she still bleeds BIG BLUE BLOOD!!! Go BYU!!!
29.She played High School Basketball
30.I believe she also played Volleyball?
31.She is a good cook
32.She went on a mission to Australia, "Good day mate!" Have any Vegemite?
33.She currently serves in the Relief Society Presidency, in her ward.
34.She has a great love for this Gospel
35.She is very humble
36.She has ALWAYS been a great example of a righteous woman!
37.She has an infectious laugh
38.Before she was married, she dated a guy that told me he was Superman. I believed him! He also told me that if I wanted to fly all I had to do was put on a cape and run down the street as fast as I could. I tried it, it didn't work, and when I came back they had ditched me!
39.She use to lay-out all the time. She would ask me to spray her with the water bottle when she was on her stomach.
40.She REALLY loves her neighbors! ALL of them, even the AWFUL ones!!! Ha-Ha-Ha
41.She was born at LDS Hospital


42.She loves her In-laws
43.She use to be a Travel Agent
44.She is 10 years, 9 months, and 14 days OLDER than me!!!
45.We made it to the end of this list, Happy 45Th Birthday Cara! I love you and thank you for the wonderful sister you have always been to me! And just for the record, you don't look a day over 39!!!

No comments: