Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Outside looking in...

A couple weeks ago, our Missionaries came over and asked us if we would take them to the Temple. They only get to go once every six months, and they wanted us to go with them this time. (because they love us!!!) and because we love them! Anyway, the plan was to leave Avery with Kasey but as you all know, it's still not easy for me to leave Avery and I again started freaking myself out about it. So I decided I wasn't going to go, and Troy could just take them. But then we didn't want to be apart all night, so we decided we would all go and while they went in, we would drive around or go shopping or something fun. Well there's really nothing to do around the Temple, and I didn't dare drive too far away because I would probably get lost???

So we got some treats, and we parked in the Temple parking lot. Avery slept for two hours, Kasey listened to her I-POD, and I laid my seat down and tried to sleep. It was actually a very interesting experience for me. As I sat there in the car, looking at the Temple and knowing that my husband was in there without me, I couldn't help but think how sad it would be if we weren't (able) to be together, say in the next life. I couldn't imagine knowing that the person I wanted to be with for Eternity, would always be just a little bit out of my reach!

Once Avery woke up we had to find things to do, so we walked around the Temple and took some pictures, and then got back in the car and ate blue candy, and couldn't resist taking pictures of "blue tongues" Fun, fun, fun...


Then we went to the LDS book store, so the ME-HE'S, as Avery calls them, could get some books and other fun things. The girls working there got a kick out of that! They could stop laughing every time he said ME-HE'S. We also got a few thing, including a book called, (Three Degrees Of Glory) Joseph Smith's Insights on the Kingdoms of Heaven. We are very excited to start reading. Troy and I are going to read it together, that way TROY will actually read it! I say this because, I read books all the time and then give them to him to read and he has a hard time "Getting around to it" if you know what I mean! So this way, it will get read!!!



Then we went to dinner at the Olive Garden. It was good (fattening) food and even better conversation! We love these guys so very much! While we were waiting for the check, I asked Troy to empty out Avery's old milk, that had been in his sippy cup since two o'clock, and fill it up with his new milk. He emptied it into his lemon water. So I dared Kasey to drink it, she said no way! Then I offered her 10 bucks.............She drank it!!!!!!!! It was soooooo gross, but worth the money she said!



Good times!!!




2 comments:

colby said...

Cute Meg! I like your comment about not being together in Eternity. Just think how many members who think they will be with their spouse won't be because of lies and deceipt from their partner. Next time leave the kid home. Kasey is old enough to tend her little brother.

Amanda said...

I love it that you take so many pictures all the time. The Elder's parents will be so happy to see such wonderful pictures. You know, Avery is welcome to come over and hang out with Graham ANY time!! But, that Kasey girl seems kind of fiesty.