Friday, April 13, 2007

Get in shape GIRLS!!!

Welcome Girlie's, to the Doezie Fitness Challenge! This is not just a total body makeover challenge, but instead it's a total LIFESTYLE makeover challenge! Anyone and everyone who would like to participate is welcome! Together, I believe we can help each other learn how to live a much healthier life, and ultimately look and feel the way we always say we want to! I am in no way a fitness professional, or dietitian! I am simply a girl, that would love to again look like I did in the above picture.
This picture was taken about 10 years ago, and it will be my "Motivation" picture. I actually still have that bikini, so I'm going to take a pic of myself in it today, and if I don't reach my desired "fat" loss, I'll post it! SCARY!!!
1.So here's the challenge. Take a picture of yourself in whatever you want. It doesn't have to be a bikini, but you should be able to see the so called "Problem" areas that you wish to change in the pic.
2.Weigh and measure yourself
3.Keep a daily workout log
4.Keep a daily food journal ( smart dieters write down everything they eat in a food diary. The REALLY smart ones pore over their notes to spot-and fix- their bad habits!)
5.Write down why you want to loose weight. Set some "Realistic" goals. Document your currant weight and measurements, and then write down what you would like to weigh.
6.And last but not least................GET EXCITED!!!

Girls, WE can do this! Get ready to transform your life into the life you ALWAYS talk about! It doesn't matter if you have 10 pounds to loose or 100, you can do it! This is not a DIET! This is about long term LIFE-CHANGES!

But even with that said, we have to start somewhere. So we are going to start with the basic guidelines of the South Beach diet. (If you can purchase the book, it would be very helpful to you) If you are not familiar with this plan, let me fill you in. There are three phases to this diet plan. The first phase consists of two week period, that is pretty BRUTAL! Your food choices are limited, and you are allowed NO SUGAR! That means no fruit either. You can however have 75 calories per day, from sugar free things, such as...
candies,hard,sugar free
chocolate powder, no sugar added
fudgesicles, no sugar added
gelatin, sugar free
gum, sugar free
popsicles, sugar free
sugar substitute.........................That's 75 calories per day from these things, believe me it's not much! But you can do it! IT'S TWO WEEKS, YOU CAN DO IT!!!
After the two weeks, phase two begins. During this phase you can reintroduce some of the foods you weren't allowed in phase one. By phase three they say you'll be at your desired weight, so obviously phase two is a long period of time. Anyway, South Beach diet is "basically" the plan that I'm going to follow. The first two weeks, I'm going to do exactly what the book tells me to do! After that I think I'll try to just "simplify" what I eat. Such as Lean Cuisines, protein shakes,etc. The book gives alot of great recipes, and some of them I'll try. But I think It's easier for some people to have meals already prepared. The less time you think about food the less you eat! Basically, I'm going to keep my calorie intake from 1000 to 1200 calories a day. A brilliant fitness professional (Chelsea) told me, " Try to remember that it's OK to feel hungry! As long as your body is getting the nutrients it needs, your fine!" I intend to also post daily tips, ( such as this one) that could very well turn into weekly tips, but I'll keep up as best I can. When, where, and how often you workout is up to you. But you have to workout!!! You should try to do something, yoga, Pilate's, weight lifting, running, swimming ANYTHING just do something, at least three times a week!
Are you up for the challenge? YES- okay then let's get started!

Monday, April 23rd-2007............... Will be the day it begins, the finish line is the rest of your life! This is a life change challenge, but if you want to do the "Post an embarrassing picture" challenge, the finish line date will be June 23rd-2007. That's two months to reach whatever fat-loss goal you make for yourself! Just make sure it's a realistic challenge, but still challenging enough to motivate you! Anyone that has any ideas or wants to add anything to the challenge, just e-mail me, or post your ideas here on my blog.
So if your in, leave a comment- and let's GET IT ON!!! Or off, I mean...

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Dude, I'm in. Just let me finish eating the rest of my Easter candy first, ok?

Amanda said...

Just kidding. I'm in, but I didn't buy any candy that I like anyway. I'm good to go!!!

Amy said...

Meg- Lets all post our weight loss every monday morning, that way we are held accountable to each other. Thanks for changing the date for me love you all....lets get it OFF...

Freddie Dawn said...

I am so in. I just need to come up with a two month goal. Hmmmm....

Stefanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stefanie said...

Count me in too. I love Amy's idea of posting weekly weight loss. So we start this monday and report next monday or just next monday? I'm confused.

doezie10 said...

Stef, We start on Mon the 23rd. So our first weight loss count won't be until the following Mon. the 30th. I'll explain everything a little bit better the next post-
M-

Chelsea said...

Megan--you are one hot mama! Your smokin' girl. I love the bikini pic. You should post it on your bulliten board at church. Oh yeah!

Kandace said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kathleen and Justin Lofley said...

Count me in as well! My journey will obviously be a little different since I'm always under doctor's care, but this came at just the right time! I'm looking forward to your tips!

dalimarie said...

I am soooo glad that you guys are doing the SBD I need help in losing some weight. I am a yoyo dieter. I start looking a little better then I fall of the wagon and have to start all over again. This will help me stay motivated. A little late but I am a game!!!