Friday, April 27, 2007

Get a jump on weight loss...

Just in case you're wondering what the heck this picture is suppose to be of, let me explain... My tip of the day is on Jumping rope. So I asked my husband to take a pic of me, jumping rope. Well, after a few failed attempts to get a decent shot I just said take it like this! I will say, we probably burned 10 calories each just by laughing at the pictures of me trying to look cute jumping rope! Anyway.................
Jumping rope isn't just child's play- in fact, it's one of the best mom-friendly workouts. It's cheap, convenient ( just borrow your kid's rope) , and it burns tons of calories (about 200 in 15 minutes!!!) And this form of exercise is more than just a great cardio routine, you're actually toning your legs, back, butt, shoulders, abs, chest, and arms!
Think I'm kidding? Grab a rope, I DARE YA!!! I did this the other day and I could not believe how hard it was! I finally got to the point where I would just try to get to 50 before stopping for a few seconds, then I would try to get to 75 the next time and so on... So have fun jumping your way to healthy!


I also wanted to thank Dawn for the darling "Happy Mail" that I received from her today!
After I had opened it my husband asked me if it made me "Happy"...................As a matter of fact YES it did!

4 comments:

Karli said...

jumping rope does kick butt...I hate it while I'm doing it, but love it afterward. By the way, you are looking dang good! And, I'm wondering where you got your cute shirt.

i totally have not been great at eating today, which makes me feel so awful...reaching inside myself trying to figure out what my problem is. grateful for your example of strength & dedication!

Karli

doezie10 said...

K- That is so funny you commented on my shirt! I actually got it at Target yesterday and the kicker is it's a maternity shirt! But thanks, I really like it too! You're so sweet! And as for a bad day of eating, you gotta have one! Believe me, under all this diet crap, I can't wait to eat a piece of CAKE!

Chelsea said...

Hey Meggy--tell Troy that the happy mail Dawn sent you makes me feel happy too. I also feel really happy that you have a new shirt--even if it's maternity. Oh and i'm happy that you haven't eaten any cake yet, AND I'm happy that you have an 8-0-1 area code on your phone, even though you reside in Chicago. I'm just generally a very happy person. HAPPY!

colby said...

Eat that cake and you'll be shopping in the maternity department all the time!!! What were you doing looking there in the first place? I never think to look in maternity no matter how fat I am.