Sunday, April 22, 2007

Put the twinkie down!

So I was hanging out this weekend with Mr. "Body for Life" himself, Bill Phillips. He said that he was totally mad that we are doing South Beach, for our fitness challenge, and not Body for Life!
Just kidding! This pic was taken a few years ago (Hence the Blonde hair.) One of My girlfriends was dating Bill and we all went to Vegas together on a little Vacation. Good times...

Anyway, back to the future....... GIRLS are you ready? The time is now! I am so excited to get started, and I hope you all are as well! This is how it will all go down (PUN-INTENDED)
Monday the 23rd, the fitness challenge begins. I will post a list of all the "Players" as well as their individual two month goal. Whether it be weight loss, toning, or whatever. Then each Monday, you can leave me a comment about your progress. I will post the results Monday night. Now, at the end of the two months, if you have not reached your goal, you should "Post" your before pic! No one is going to MAKE you post the pic, but studies have shown people find more success, in whatever they are trying to accomplish, when they have something to fear, or they use some "Outside of their comfort zone" motivation. ( I can definitely say that MY before pic is WAY out of my comfort zone!) One thing I do want to mention here, don't expect major weight loss each week. Every one's results are going to be different so don't compare yourself to anyone else. The intent of "posting" weekly results, is not to embarrass anyone, but rather to help motivate them! Even if you don't have weight loss to report, tell me something else about what you're going through, just let me know that your still IN!!!
Ladies, I hope we all reach our goals, and I hope we can all continue living healthier lives once this challenge is over!

And last, but not least don't forget the WATER!!! You can burn an extra 150 calories, by drinking a gallon (eight bottles) of ice cold water a day! Make sure it's ice cold. Your body has to warm it up to use it properly and that's how it burns calories!
So eat lite, drink a ton of water, and TRY to be merry! (Especially through the first two weeks)
Players, leave a comment. Let me know your two month goal so I can post it Monday!

9 comments:

Chelsea said...

I think because I am the first to comment--I must be the very most motivated. Just kidding.

Ok my 2 month goals (actually my program only goes for 6 weeks---I will have to improvise a bit)is to add muscle and definition. To do that I will:
-Consume 1400 calories a day
-Strength train 3x's week
-Run at least 2x's per week
-Drink at least 1 gallon water/day

My biggest challenge will be to get my cookies out of bed in the morning and get my workouts done AND not eat too much sugar or chocolate (that dang sweet tooth).

Megan, how should I chart my progress when you guys do your Monday reports?

Stefanie said...

Here are my 2 month goals:

-Lose 8 pounds (that's a pound a week- that might not sound like much to some of you, but the weight has been so incredibly slow to come off lately that I want my goals to be something I can accomplish)
-Run 3x's/week
-Cross train 1 additional day/week
-Count me in on the water challenge. Did you know I was a fish in my last life!?!
-Chart daily food intake (and don't cheat)and eat at least 5 servings fruits/vegetables each day

I weighed in today and took some measurements. I'll update you each monday with what is hopefully good news!

Kathleen and Justin Lofley said...

Okay. I'm in. My 2 month goal is to FEEL BETTER! Ideally, I would lose the remaining weight (about 25lbs) that I gained from the chemo (a total of about 50lbs).

Realistically, I am going to:
-work up to drinking a gallon of water a day
-get back into the gym, hopefully 5x a week
-do something for myself each week. Just something small, just for a minute.
-work up to eating "normally". This is the big one. I know the lectures. I GAVE the lectures once upon a time. But this is reality and it doesn't look pretty. Currently I eat one 'meal' of about 300-600 cal, if I eat at all. This is from feeling sick from my meds, but also due to a MAJOR fear of gaining more weight since my weight has been so out of my control. Not eating is how I've lost the first 25lbs, but I know it will come right back if I eat and if I can't get my metabolism up and running (my new medical plan dealing with Wilson's Syndrome will be addressing this). So, using both the medical side of things and the Doezie Challenge, I want to work on this one the most.

My goals should set the example of Baby Steps! This is incredibly hard for me to even type. Going this slow, doing so "little" by measure of my own standards, but I'm having to learn to hang up the ego, realize that I can't do it all right now....or even most. But some. We'll start with some.

So there you go. I may be on a different set of tracks than everyone else, but my tracks are headed in the same direction. This is a big step for me and is taking about all the courage I possess to do this publicly, but seriously, if I can do it, then ANYONE can.

Freddie Dawn said...

Ok Megan, I am sooo ready for this. 25 lbs over the two month peroid. I am all over this. Good Luck to everyone!

Amanda said...

Oh yeah, baby....I am soooooooo good at drinking water. My two month goal is a total of 25 pounds. And seeing as I have been steadily losing 3 pounds a week, that's almost perfect....3x8=24, so goody goody. I am sticking with my bowflex plan of a diet..here's what I am doing right now:
1100 calories a day
a billion cups of water
MWF strength training
TTH cardio--3 miles walk/run


And, my personal rule is, always has been, to try not to eat after 6 pm. That's just my thing. Oooh, I am sooooo excited Megan!! Thanks for doing this challenge!!!

Amy said...

Hello Meg- I'm Back! Here is my goal- 20lbs over the next 2 mnths. And exercise at least 3x a week. I am so..excited because I talked Kelly into doing the 2 weeks with me! Yea! Lets do this BABES!!!!! He said if Troy can do it he can!

Amy said...

Oh! I forgot to add that I am keeping a Food&Feeling journal. Each day I will right what I eat and how I feel throughout the day. I think this will really help to have on the days that get hard to go back and read how great I am feeling. I also will write down my weight each week in it. This will be my SECRET DIARY!!!!!!!

Jill said...

OK, I am in at the last minute here. My goal is to add some definition and muscle and drop 5 pounds in the process. To do that I will...
-STOP eating a bag of kisses every 2 days! Other than that I eat pretty healthy!
-Pilates 3 times a week
-Cardio 2-3x's a week
-Strength training 2 times a week
-I am going to try the water thing too.

Karli said...

Can't believe you have a picture with Bill...My husband & I love the BFL program and have both had a lot of success with it. That's too funny & I'm pretty jealous! (:

I hope it's alright if I join up with you girls Megan...

My two month goals are:
*Lose 8 pounds of fat (replacing with muscle would be great)
*Tone & add muscle
*Keep up with my food journal daily
*Not miss one day of workouts or water intake

Will accomplish this with:
-3x weight training a week
-3 to 4 cardio sessions a week
-1 gallon water daily
-5 to 6 small meals daily
-Journaling everything & keeping my intensity up

Thanks for doing this!
www.our84days.blogspot.com

Karli
(karli_jo77@hotmail.com)