Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Husband, a Father and a Father in Law walked into a bar...

A year ago today, I was asked to give a talk in Sacrament meeting. It was truly a wonderful experience because the subject was Fathers. Now let me clear something up, I don't enjoy giving talks, but I do enjoy talking (bragging) about my Dad! My entire talk was dedicated to him. At the end I spoke a little bit about my Husband, but not near enough. Not only do I have an amazing Father, but I married the greatest man on this earth, and I just happen to love HIS Father too! So let me just say...

Troy, I love you with all of my heart! As a matter of fact I don't think I could love you anymore than I do. You make me so happy ALWAYS! There's a truth in your eyes, when you look at me, that let's me know that you'll love me forever... and that feeling alone is priceless to me! I am so thankful for you and the man that you are, and for the man you aspire to be! I'll follow you to the Ends of the earth if you ask me to, as long as I'm with you I can live anywhere!

As long as you love me I can do anything. I honestly wouldn't change one single thing about you! You are an amazing Father, son, brother, friend, and most of all Husband! I don't know how I got so lucky, you are everything to me! Thank you for all that you are to me, and for all that you are to your children. Thank you for loving me through THICK and hopefully one day THIN! I look forward to this journey with you and I hope and pray we get an Eternity to spend together... Here's to us, together a perfect "10"


Dad, I miss you every single day! I love you so very much! I am so thankful for you and all that you have been to me. No matter where I was or what I may have been doing (which was usually nothing good!) I felt your love for me! I truly believe your example enabled me to recognize an amazing man when I met him!

I admire the man that you are ( Husband, Father, etc...) and even more for the talent that you possess! I may be partial to your art because I'm your daughter, but honestly I believe your the GREATEST artist of your time!
Which is a great time to plug your site....... grantromneyclawson.net
It's still a work in progress? But I am so excited to have the opportunity to sell your beautiful art! Thank you for believing in me! Pop, your the greatest! I love you so very much. I love you always and forever...


And last, but definitely not least, "The Father in Law"
Papa, I can't thank you enough for all of the love you have shown me. From the very first time I met you, you made me feel welcomed. You made me feel a part of your family before I even said "I do"

I look forward to seeing you every chance I get! I love you so very much and I am so thankful for the amazing example you are to your son. You raised a son that exceeds all other sons (In my humble opinion) and I am so grateful to you for that!

Thank you for your generosity and thank you for accepting me, even when it wasn't the easiest thing to do! I know you wanted the "best" for your son, and you needed (as any great father would) to make sure he was getting nothing less! So again, thank you for loving him enough and trusting his judgement, and thank you for loving me! I'll love you always and forever, your FAVORITE daughter in law...








4 comments:

Amanda said...

Dude, you guys finally got your papa bear a website! That's awesome! I am so proud...I hope it does him very very well. Great post--you and your cute little family.

colby said...

Troy has some BIG shoes to fill and by golly I think he's done it! Dad is such an incredible husband & father. I'm glad you were able to find someone just as incredible. They are few and far between!

Karli said...

what a great tribute to the men in your life! You are blessed and they are blessed to have you in their lives.

Thanks for your advice and well wishes.. I'm nervous. What is your advice for stretch marks? I already have some light marks from losing weight, but I've heard you can rub stuff on your belly to make them less severe and noticeable..let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks!

K

Amy said...

What cute men you have in your life! You ALWAYS look so beautiful in every picture. Not fare!