Monday, June 25, 2007

The "TIDE" is high........."TIDE" being code for age...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my "SISTA" COLBY!!! It is my beautiful sister Colby's birthday today! She is a whopping 54 years old! Just kidding Colb!!! I love to tease my older siblings about their ages. You can do that when you're 20 years younger! Anyway, I usually like to write a birthday tribute "list" for my loved ones on their birthdays or for other special occasions, but due to the rather "long list" that this would be, (54) And due to the fact that I have Troy sitting here to the right of me doing business on the phone, and Avery needing me every single second of the day to get him this or to do that, and Jaylyn watching Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban, and Hallie running in and out of the house to get this or that, and Kasey sending me picture messages from the Hogal Zoo, I'm finding it rather HARD to concentrate! And really I'm not complaining because I love my home to be filled with this beautiful chaos, because it means I'm surrounded by my family, and that's my favorite place to be! And with all of that said, there will be no list today!

But I have to say that I have many wonderful memories of my sister Colby. I think it's hard to understand what it must be like to have a sister that was already "grown up" by the time you where born! I think we missed out on a lot of things, but through this wonderful WEB we have found a closeness we never had before! Isn't that funny to think, it took 1400 miles of separation to really get to "KNOW" one another, and I can truly say, I look forward to hearing from her on the phone, on my blog or e-mail, and I do almost everyday! COLBY I LOVE YOU!!! I miss you and I hope and pray for your happiness, always! Before I wrap this up I want to say that still to this day, when I hear the songs "The tide is high" by Blondie or "Take a chance on me" by Abba -I am taken back to my childhood, and I can see and hear Colby singing these songs! She always had the "Oldies" playing on the radio... (She still does)

Have a beautiful Birthday Colb! And next time we see each other, let's take some new pictures! I'm desperate here! Every picture I have of us together was taken years ago? Again, I love you always and forever...

1 comment:

colby said...

Thanks Meg! I kind of like the "older" pictures. I look much younger in them than anything that would be current. It has been so fun to watch for your blogs then copy them for mom and dad. This is such a fun way to keep in touch with someone so far away. Though we miss you very much at least we still feel apart of you and your families lives. Thanks for taking the time to honor me. I love you.