Friday, July 6, 2007

Red and white, where's the BYU BLUE???

For the last THREE years of living here in Beautiful Illinois, we have gone to our friends Amy and Kelly's house for a Fourth of July party. It's always a great time, with tons of food and games for all!



And all though we miss our families back home, we are so thankful for the friends we have made out here! I wasn't very good about taking pictures this year, because I was a little side tracked with an all night winning streak of "Korn-Hole" This game is a RIOT!!! My partner Diana, pictured above on the right, and I could not lose! We played this game from about 6:30 to 10:30! If you're wondering what "Korn-Hole" is, exactly, it's a game where you toss mini bean bags at this wooden box with a hole in it. You earn points for landing the bags on the box and for getting them in the hole! I know it might sound dumb? But honestly it is one of the FUNNEST games I have ever played! And it doesn't hurt when you win all night!

Hallie had a great time on the water slide. She tried to get Avery up on it with her, but he wouldn't do it! Jaylyn wouldn't get on it either, she's just TOO grown up! Anyway, it was a really wonderful 4th, and again thanks to Amy and Kelly, we love you guys!!!

So yesterday we drove out to Oakbrook mall, which is about 45 minutes away from us. It's the closest mall to us that has a Nordstrom, which is the only store in Illinois that carries the make-up line "Bobby Brown" which is the ONLY powder I can use, because it's the best! So we have to make a trip out to this mall about every six months. Anyway, it's an outdoor mall and it has beautiful gardens through out, so we snapped a few pics...

As Jaylyn took this picture of us, Hallie said "You guys ALWAYS stand in the SAME pose for pictures!" And really if you notice every pic of Troy and I we ARE in this exact pose. We'll try to mix things up a bit next time!

This chair was in Victoria's Secret. How cute would that be in a little girls room!












10 comments:

Amy said...

Korn Hole is so...fun! I am so glad that you had a great time on the 4th. We love to have parties!!!What ever happened with the gut soming to see the dog (Abby)?

The Hearn Crew said...

ROCK ON!!!! Korn Hole is the best game ever! And yes, that was a fun party, thanks Amy. But I must ask, Amy...what's gut soming?? :>) Doezie..you rock at Korn Hole. And thanks for sharing your perfect 10 story. That was awesome!

Jill said...

All hail the Korn Hole QUEEN! That was so much fun! We are going to have to do a KH tournament for the next girls night. Your family is darling and it was fun to hang out with you guys!

Freddie Dawn said...

i love korn-hole!!! Somehow I never really get to play.....You guys are so cute in all of your pictures!!

Amanda said...

Oh, I am so bummed that I missed it this year! Looks like you guys had an absolute blast! Augh, as we suffer in the heat and humidity of Missouri. Miss ya!

Amy said...

sorry- I was in a hurry and MEANT guy coming:)

Amanda said...

P.S. Megan, you look super skinny in that first picture.

doezie10 said...

Amanda, That's because I have mastered the art of "SUCKING IN"

Chelsea said...

Can I just say---Korn Hole sounds so nasty! What a bizarro name for a game. Korn Hole? Yuck, it makes me feel dirty when I say it. :)

doezie10 said...

Chelsea, that comment is so LOADED, but I'm going to restrain myself from saying what I want to say!!! I miss you so much...