Friday, August 24, 2007

Girl interrupted...

The last couple of weeks have been a little "Crazy" for me, or actually I've felt as though I was going a little crazy, either way I hate to feel that way!
Let me go back for a sec...For the last three years, we have lived in a place (Chicago) that under different circumstances would be a really cool place to live, but because we are separated from both of our families, including two of our children for 10 months out of a year, it has handicapped me. What do I mean by handicapped, well I feel like I am never all the way right??? There's always something missing, nothing ever feels like I think it should? I don't see all of the really good things around me, but I surely never miss any of the bad! I have created an existence for myself that I can barely function day to day. It's weird and it sucks! Look, I take full responsibility for my feelings. I don't usually put blame on anyone or anything for "making" me feel a certain way- but for some reason I can not shake this and I feel as though it's consuming me...

I am constantly feeling sorry for myself, and I constantly complain about my situation. It's draining the life out of me and I'm sure my friends and family feel the same way every time I talk to any of them! Seriously, I can't believe people still answer their phones when I call.
Okay, so back to the "crazy" part of this post, the summer is over and with that came the return (to Utah) of two of our kids. Just try to imagine for a moment saying goodbye to two of your kids for 10 months.....................inconceivable, I know... I am also slammed in the face with perspective of what I have just written. I am truly thankful that I am allowed any time at all on this Earth with my kids...
I am heavy with thought and desperately seeking answers that I will probably not find. Or maybe I'm too focused on things I don't need to "focus" on! What ever it may be, I want to say thank you to all of the people who love me, especially to my Husband, who I'm sure feels a little "crazy" himself. I also want to thank my friend Chelsea for always finding the "good" in my life, and for making sure I see it! And I do, I see it- and I am so thankful for friends like her, that love you- good or bad, "crazy" or not so "crazy" And I also want to say to my darling Mom and Dad, don't you worry about all of the things I've just written, I just needed to see it on paper, so to speak, so that I could take a hold of it all, and begin making changes...
And for the pic of my son at the beginning of this rant, it just makes me happy- and I need all the happy I can get!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm glad you have friends like Chelsea who can let you see the good in your life! We all want you to feel a little less CRAZY...but I'm not much help in that department unless you want loads of happy pills...I have those! And narcotics, I seem to have a lot of those lately, too....ok...thanks for being my model yesterday..the pictures are ten times better because you are in them!

colby said...

Life is interesting, isnt' it. We see people who have what we don't (a husband who loves and adores you) 2 children who live with you 24-7 and you're beautiful! You need to start a gratitude journal and write down every day what you are thankful for. It will do wonders for your daily life. Hang in there. Somehow it will all work out!

colby said...

p.s. The only thing I can see that is missing in your life is part of your finger! Just kidding-love ya lots

Chelsea said...

I love that your sister Colby just made fun of your finger! I am laughing----She and I should hang out.

I love you too Meggy! You are an awesome girl. I think I'm going to send you a cactus! :)

doezie10 said...

A- thanks for the offer for the drugs, maybe one day... And as for Colby and Chelsea, the funny thing was- I told Troy after reading Colby's comment (And laughing) that she and Chelsea are the only people who tease me about my finger! Truthfully I love it- Bring on the cut-off-jokes... and as for the cactus, make sure it remindes me of something special- that is not a cut-off-joke!!!

Karli said...

I think you are so incredible and I don't even know you face to face yet. It always makes me feel surprised to hear that other people have issues like this when sometimes it feels like I'm the only one! (:

I'm sorry you're having such a down time and especially that you have to be separated from your kids and family. Hopefully you will someday soon be able to move back home to a more desireable state... (:

Will you e-mail me your mailing address at: karli_jo77@hotmail.com so I can send you some happy mail? You have been such an uplifter and friend to me and I love your comments on my blog. You are in my prayers, seriously.

K

Kandace said...

Oh Meg...Colby is too funny. I love you. Things will work out. Do your phones work yet? I will just call you and check. I have been wanting to thank you for your sweet card and for the Eskimo Legend. I read it everyday. It makes me cry but it makes me so happy. Love you lots!!!!!!!!