Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful Boy...

Three years ago today I looked like this! I was 'very' pregnant with my son, AVERY!!!!
Happy Birthday to my sweet little sugar lips....AVERY who is celebrating his 'third' all day long...

Our Dr. was out of town the day Avery was born. He came a week early (thankfully) and still weighed 9lbs. 3 oz- and was 22 1/2 inches long! I can't imagine if he had waited another week- yikes! And even though we didn't have our "chosen" Dr. the fill in was wonderful! It was a beautiful day!

Anyway, I have been thinking a lot about what I would write today about our only 'boy'..... Now don't get me wrong, we love our girls! We love all of our kids equally- but there's just something different about having a boy??? You know the part in the movie The Lion King where Mufasa holds up his new son Simba, and the music is peeking and the whole pride is looking up at this baby boy (Lion) and he feels SO proud of his new baby boy... well... the feeling I get when I watch that part, is the same way I feel about my baby BOY!!! I want the world to know how proud I am of him??? Maybe it's because "The World" has already helped design my feelings about what my son 'should' be or just exactly what's expected of him in this world. It's not that I don't expect or want my girls to succeed in school, athletics, or what ever it is they want to do, because I do- I expect a lot from all three of them- and have every confidence that they will be successful in anything they choose to do! But at the same time, It feels a little different when I think about my son and his future...

I don't think I'm totally alone in this regard, especially when I look back on the "dating" years, when you not only "dated" a guy, but you "dated" his mother too! I could never figure out why I was never really 'good' enough for these guys, where now I can see, it was less about 'me' and more about what was expected of these boys, and in a Mothers eyes GIRLS JUST GET IN THE WAY OF THEIR BOYS FUTURE!!!


Ok, now that I have my own boy, I kind of 'get it' at least a little bit! I don't 'want' to be one of those moms, but I guess you never know! And the fact that I'm even talking about this when my son is only three, might lead us all to believe that I am already ..................."ONE OF THOSE MOMS" .....The flip side to my negative dating memories is this.....that even after a couple of "Frogs" I found my "Prince" and the Mother attached to him I absolutely ADORE! Turns out, fairy tales DO come true!


Anyway, back to the birthday boy! He has brought tremendous joy to our family! I will always be so thankful to my sis-in-law Kandace for basically talking me into having another baby.... because seriously I was SOOOOOOOOO done having babies! And now, I can't imagine my life without him- my body I can imagine but....just kidding!



So basically we celebrated Avery's birthday for a week! Here he is showing his new Harley Davidson pillow from Nana and Papa...



And Here he is opening another gift from Nana and Papa....




Papa was in town a week ago on Troy's birthday, so we decided to also celebrate Avery's birthday while he was here. We went to dinner and Troy and Avery opened some presents.... it was a lot of fun!




Then yesterday we went to dinner again just for Avery's birthday, a day early because Troy had to go out of town on his actual birthday- HOW RUDE!!!





Then we went home and had cupcakes instead of cake, which Kasey thought was really unfair to Avery, but really he could care-less! All he wanted to do was blow out candles- so we lit six of them, and let him blow them out over and over again! He couldn't have been happier!





And just to top off this great birthday week, Avery and I drove Troy out to O'Hare airport this morning, and wouldn't you know it poor little Avery started complaining that his tummy hurt and then started throwing up! I couldn't get home fast enough, but that's just it- we couldn't get home!!! I MISSED the turn off towards our house and spent the next THREE HOURS OR 170 MILES ( how ever you want to look at it!) TRYING TO GET UN-LOST.... As if I needed yet another reason to HATE ILLINOIS!
Anyway, if you need us we'll be right here! I'm never leaving this house AGAIN!
Avery, my son- We love you without end, even if you decide not to play sports! No really, we will love you always and forever.......but play sports anyway-k....love Mommy and Daddy


























11 comments:

Karli said...

Happy birthday Avery! You were blessed with a great mom who obviously loves you very much and who I look up to a lot! I know I'll ask for lots of parenting advice on how to raise a boy soon! (:

Such a great tribute; make sure you print it off and put it in his scrapbook!
K

Kandace said...

Happy Birthday Avery!!!I wish I could shoot guns with you today. Did you get another gun for your Birthday? You are my best friend. I love you cuz!!
Love, Jett
Happy Birthday buddy!!! I hope you feel better soon. What a special day it was three years ago today. I will never forget it!! I didn't really talk your mom into having you but I guess I pushed her into it...Jett needed a friend. I'm still working her for another so you can have a younger sibling to pick on, I mean play with. We sure love you!!!!!
Love, Aunt Kandace, Uncle Tyler, Mavryk, Diesel and Bobo (Jett said I forgot his fish, Buckin' bull).

colby said...

Happy Birthday little Avery! Sorry we aren't with you to celebrate your big #3. I'd be sick too if I was just turning three and had to do life all over again! Love you lots and lots!
Your favorite aunt.

doezie10 said...

This is a reply to Kandace and Colby...
The thought of having another baby makes me SICK!!! It will never happen!
And to Karli, we do have a lot to talk about...(boy talk!)fun, fun
Does anyone out there understand or know why I titled this post
Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful Boy??? Do share your thoughts...

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Avery! Sounds like you had a great WEEK! Meg, I am so...sorry about your "home from the airport" adventure. I'm glad your safe and sound.

Karli said...

I think the beautiful title came from the movie "Mr. Holland's Opus" but I could be way off since I don't have the history with you and Avery. He did sing a song that said that same line with four beautifuls and then boy and then he also sang it when putting the boy's name, Cole, at the end...is that why? (:

doezie10 said...

Karli, I can't remember if they sang this particular song in that movie, but yes you are right about it being a song.............. now who sang it?????
hint: A very famous man who was shot to death, wrote it for his son...

Karli said...

Zac says John Lennon... (: Had to have some help from my hubby who is an absolute music connoisseur!

doezie10 said...

Karli- Zac was right, it was John Lennon. And you where right about the movie Mr. Holland's Opus- they did play it in that!
Thanks for being the ONLY player in my little game!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Avery! I am glad we got to celebrate a with you in nursery the other week! You are such a cutie!

The Hearn Crew said...

Happy birthday Avery. I just LOVE your hair! I knew a little girl many years ago that had hair JUST LIKE AVERY'S. I played with it all the time. I love it. Doezie...I'm glad you finally made it home. That would be scary, scary. Hopefully YOU have the navigation system in the car now. :>)