Thursday, September 6, 2007

THE TROJAN HORSE...

Today is my hot, sexy, sculpted, amazingly wonderful husbands 34Th birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETIE!!! Finally he's as old as me! (for three months) It's hard being the "older" one in this relationship! So I thought I'd write a few things about this beautiful man that you may already know, or -you may learn some things you didn't know, but where dying to find out...


1. He will gladly wear pink!
2. He looks sooooooooo good in pink!
3. He got the nickname "Trojan Horse" in high school. He said it started because Troy is similar to TRO-jan, but if you asked his Grandpa Hinckley he would tell you it was because he was the greatest baseball player that ever lived and that he played ball like a Trojan Warrior!!! Yes, he might be Troy's biggest fan!
4. He played baseball in the Minor Leagues for about 7 years.
5. His baseball career ended when he was diagnosed with Cancer. He is a 9 year survivor!!!


6. He loves to fish and could do it everyday. As a matter of fact, he could live on a boat, fish for his food, and be the happiest man on this Earth! Instead he lives in a house, gets to fish a couple times a year, and is still HAPPY!
7. He is non-confrontational. We are complete opposites in this regard.
8. His first car was a 1983 z-28 Camero.
9. His eyes change color with whatever he is wearing.
10. He has PERFECT teeth. Zero cavities, must be nice! I can set off the alarm at the airport with my mouth!

11. He does Yoga with his son. He wishes his wife would do it with them too.
12. He married his High School sweetheart when he was nineteen. Found out it wasn't so "sweet" and got divorced 8 years later.
13. He has two beautiful children, Jaylyn and Hallie from his first marriage- Now that's "SWEET"

14. We met at his sisters wedding at LaCaille. It was love at first sight................(for me)
15. He played recreational baseball when we met. One night, at one of his games, the pitcher threw a pitch to the catcher who was Troy. The umpire stopped the game, took the ball out of Troy's mitt, walked it over to me and said "Does this belong to you?" He handed me the ball and written on it was a proposal for marriage. Before I new what was going on Troy was on his knee asking me to marry him, right in the middle of a game!


16. We have been married now for almost 5 years.
17. He is the most patient man I know. I deliberately put this one in after number 16- believe me, marriage works because of him!
18. He rarely speaks negatively about anyone. If he does say anything negative about someone, it's because they have really done something that he doesn't approve of.


19. Like his Dad, he is an amazing father. His children are his life. He loves them without end, and it kills a little piece of him everyday being separated from two of them!
20. He is a life long Dodger fan. I think it hurts him a little that I do not share this love for his team. Sorry baby, I'll never leave my Sox, RED SOX that is!
21. His favorite color is Dodger Blue.

22. His favorite place to eat, in the whole wide world is PAGODA!!!
23. He loves all things Chinese, Japanese, well really anything Asian! Food, movies, etc...
24. I have a couple girlfriends who's husband have odd fetishes about dressing up like Pirates or Star Wars characters. Well my husband would be a Ninja if he could. I imagine that if he had a Ninja costume he too would put it on and ask me to take pictures of him in it! (Taunacy are you laughing?) I think he has a 'crush' on Jackie Chan! Seriously, I can't watch another movie where the mouth movements don't match the words, it drives me crazy! How can anyone watch those movies??? Well sweetie how?

25. He practices Martial Arts. He just earned his yellow belt! Way to go honey! He says he loves doing it more than playing baseball! (Don't tell his Dad or Grandpa)
26. He loves his Blackberry. He would have an affair with it, if that was possible! As a matter of fact, I think he is having an affair with it!


27. He is extremely disciplined! He loves to work out and rarely misses a day doing it. Again he wishes his wife would do it with him.
28. He would grow his hair out and wear it long if his wife would allow it.

29. He is so funny! He has a wonderful sense of humor, and loves to tease!
30. He has the 'Doezie toe' which is an inside joke with the Doezie family, and it appears as though he has passed it on to his son, poor baby!


31. He plays the guitar.
32. He is a worthy Priesthood holder. He loves the Gospel and has a testimony of it that he probably won't be sharing (with any of you) anytime soon! It's just like praying in public, he doesn't do that very often either! We definitely have this in common!!!
33. He is a great cook!
34. He love, love, loves animals- especially his doggie Kainer!

Troy, I am the most fortuitous woman in the world! I don't think I could love you anymore than I already do! What could I have possibly done to deserve you in my life? I don't know, but I am so thankful whatever the reason! I want nothing more than to spend my life with you, and to continue this love affair for all of Eternity! Your the 'paper' and what good is the 'glue' without it? I love you Troy, I loved you before I knew you and I will love you always and forever...


























6 comments:

Karli said...

WHat a great tribute! I had no idea (obviously) about lots of things, but after reading about Troy, I feel like I know him! He sounds like an amazing guy and I know you are an awesome couple. Such a strong person inside & out. Great attributes.. I think my husband would wear a star wars outfit for sure...not sure about the ninja.

that swimming video you sent was insane! zac and I were just amazed and a little scared for that little boy. i think it would definitely be something i'd want to do if we had a pool. crazy!

doezie10 said...

K- that video was CRAZY! I started crying when the dad FINALLY got the little baby! It's pretty amazing that they can teach these babies to do stuff like that. My sis in law is the one who sent that to me. Her son is 3 and 1/2 and she said he can go on his back like that, but she doesn't know if he would 'wait' that long for someone to come get him. They have had him in swimming lessons since he was a baby.
And thanks for the comments about my Husband, he really is a perfect '10'

colby said...

Happy Happy Birthday TROY!!! (you share the same birthday with my 1st true love Tom Siirola.) I'm so glad you were born so you could make my little sis happy. I'll have to find out about the Doezie toe. Is it like big knob in reverse? Anyway, love you guys.

Chelsea said...

Ok---a couple of things,
1. Happy Birthday Troy--I'm glad Meg that now you will have some company in your OLD age! (pahlease!)

2.Did you really post this at 5:30am?

3. You (?) "have a couple girlfriends who's husband have odd fetishes about dressing up like Pirates or Star Wars characters". Do you really have more than one friend whose husband does that?

Anyway, cool post!

Kandace said...

Happy Birthday to the greatest big brother a girl could ever have!!! Meg, Thank you so much for loving my brother the way you do. He is so lucky to have you in his life forever and for all eternity. I love you both!!!

Jill said...

aww that was really sweet! Happy Birthday!