Tuesday, September 4, 2007

LABOR on Labor Day...

Labor Day. What a great day to do all the things you have been putting off FOREVER!!!
I had a list of things to do, as long as my arm and we almost accomplished the whole list!

Two of the things to do on my list where to paint around our front door, and to paint this darling little bench I had bought a few months ago.


Avery absolutely LOVES to paint. The entire time we were painting the bench he would say "I love this paint Mom, I'm a great painter." It was so cute!!! He honestly did such a great job and he only got a little paint in his hair, which is why his hair is wet in the pics. Troy hosed him down a couple times during painting. Also notice the (Big boy Spongebob-pants) he's slowly potty training and he insisted we buy these underwear.


The almost finished bench. Now I just need to antique it and it will be done!



So at church on Sunday, we decided to celebrate Avery's birthday a little early. I had to teach the lesson that day, so I decided to incorporate a small party into the day. It was probably the most fun I've ever had in nursery, and the kids loved it too. Each child got to decorate their own cupcakes with frosting and a bunch of different candies and sprinkles and such. Only a couple of them actually ate the cupcakes, they mostly just licked off the frosting and ate the candy. It was a little messy but a lot of fun!
We decided to do it this way because Troy will be out of town on his actual birthday, and we didn't want him to not get a party at all, poor little baby!








5 comments:

Stefanie said...

I love the bench- hopefully you'll post a photo of the finished product! I'm glad to see that someone did "labor" on labor day- I labored by spending 7 hours searching stores for things I didn't even need!

Karli said...

so cute! the painting and the party idea. it looked so festive and cute. Love the bench, too.

we find out tomorrow, so i'll keep you posted on what this baby is! (:

And, I too wished I was closer to chicago to play with you...out where we live, girlfriends are a good 15-25 minutes away and spontaneous fungethers happen not as often as i'd like! Thanks!
K

Jill said...

Cute bench! Love the undies too :) He'll be potty trained before you know it!

The Hearn Crew said...

I love getting things accomplished. Good for you! Looks like you had a productive LABOR DAY!

Sarah Jane said...

that party set up was so cute! I don't think the little ones had nearly as much fun. Avery is one lucky guy and obviously loved very much.