Thursday, October 25, 2007

Does anyone besides Papa come to Chicago?

Guess what we did last night??? We went to dinner with PAPA! Yes Papa was in town again this week, and we were fortunate enough to spend the evening with him! We ate at the Cheesecake factory and I have to say, if you find yourself at the Cheesecake factory anytime soon, I recommend trying the Tempura Ahi tuna roll!
It was DELICIOUS!!!




Avery took this picture of Kasey and Papa at dinner... Papa just LoVeS to take pictures!

How funny is this picture of Avery!!! Look at his face.... what a card! Oh, and if you didn't notice the white bra under the black shirt??? Yeah, time to buy a black bra!!!


So anyway, my dear husband has been working sooooo much lately, that I've been trying to keep myself busy so I don't go crazy without him - or should I say so I don't go craZier... than I already am.


My darling niece Nikki had taught me how to antique furniture
before we moved out here 3 years ago, and I barely got around to "antiquing" something the other day!
I found these chairs, which turned out to be 'Treasures' in my neighbors 'Trash' and I thought it would be a wonderful opportunity to see if I could remember how to do it. I think they turned out pretty cute! Now I think I might dare to antique my dinner table chairs, and quite possibly my dinner table- we'll see...

Another project we decided to tackle was Kasey's bathroom. When we moved into this house, her bathroom was covered with rubber duckies... Now I'm not saying I don't like rubber duckies, because I do, I just don't like them stenciled all over the walls, and on the shower curtain, and around the light switches, and on anything and everything else you can think of! And then to top it off, the paint choice in that bathroom was this shade of blue that should be illegal to put on your walls! It was a shock to your system every time you would walk into that bathroom! So finally, we got around to painting it! Thanks to my girlfriend Jill, who gave us some leftover paint from a room they had just painted in their house!

The picture above shows a picture on the wall covered in sea shells. Originally this was a shadow box picture that wasn't very cute. So I painted the sides black and then poured the paint that we were using on the walls into the middle of it. Then Kasey and I stuck the shells into the paint and let it dry.
LoVe it!

In this pic you can see a little storage unit (Another treasure from the neighbors) that was originally white. I painted it the same color as the walls and then sprayed it with this spray paint that makes things look like sand. You can't really tell from this pic but in person it looks really cool!


Well that's it for now.



8 comments:

Karli said...

so many cute and fun projects! I say definitely do your dining set. I antiqued mine (also painted black) when we were first married and it was so cute. I never paint anything without sanding and antiquing the edges now! It's addicting...

Sorry your guy has been gone so much, but at least you're being super productive!
K

Karli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

I am so impressed with all of your home projects!! That is totally my kind of girl! Your chairs look great. Do you think you will tackle the kitchen set? I am going to re-do Lexi's room for her birthday next week. Feel like painting? :)

Freddie Dawn said...

So fun!! I am sure going to need some tips, I need to redo just about everything. Time to start over with a new style...

Kandace said...

Meg,

I love the sea shell picture. You are so creative!!!!! The floor looks great!!!! I bet you love it!! I'm a little late commenting on that. I heard you guys were trying to tackle that project. I'm so glad you sent pics...I love it!!! Love you all!!!!!!
Kandace

Chelsea said...

It looks like you are staying busy! I love that you and Casey did the seashell picture together--sounds fun!

colby said...

Hey Meg - they are opening a Cheese Cake Factory at Fashion Place next week. Won't be trying your fish dish though! Nikki will be so proud of you for finally doing some antique painting. Glad you have some artistic Clawson genes. Keep up the good work. Might as well make the most of your house. You may be there awhile.

Danya said...

Hey Meg,

This is my 1st visit to your blog. I wish is was because of another reason. I really appreciate the tribute to my Maile. Those are some great pictures. Thank you again for always taking such great care of her when she was with you. You guys really spoiled her. I honestly think you let her get way with anything that she wanted. Like table food. Yeah, remember how you taught her to 'speak' when she wanted food. I always hated to un-train that little trick. I couldn't hardly even sleep with her she was so loud. I made the kids sleep with her instead.

I know that you took the news really hard too. I almost called you that night, but lucky for you, I didn't. You wouldn't have been able to understand me, I was freaking out.

The blog was great. Teach me how to do the picture thing. I hope all of you are doing well. WE miss you all.

Love,
Danya