Friday, October 5, 2007

The one about the costumes...

Halloween, my very favorite holiday! I love this time of year when the air turns crisp and smells like UTAH! I have so many wonderful memories of Halloween, trick-or-treating, Carmel apples, scary movies, and most of all the COSTUMES!!! I absolutely love to dress up for Halloween. So I thought it would be fun to take a trip down memory lane and re-live some really cute costumes, and some really not so cute costumes... enter at your own risk... (Cue the scary laughter)

So in no particular order, here I am as the blonde bombshell herself...Marilyn Monroe

Hallie as a cheerleader, Ty as himself (scary) Jaylyn as a big baby!


This pic was taken at Kasey's old Elementary school. This guy dressed up like this every year. The kids just loved it! Unknown man as Frankenstein and Kasey as cheerleader



Hallie as a scary (but darling) Bloody Vampiress

Jaylyn, as a Beer wench/ LaCaille girl, same thing...

Jay as a sexy witch, and Hallie as a pink kitty



Awwww, Kasey trying on a darling fairy dress. How cute is she!


Kasey, as Snow white


Okay, how cute is this costume!!! This is Jett wearing a cookie monster costume that his uncle Troy wore when he was little. Nana made the costume.


Kasey as Pocahontas and her cousin Mason as a pumpkin

Jaylyn, following in her Dad's footsteps as a baseball player


This is Kasey as Snow white (again, years after the first time she was Snow white) and her friend Mackenzie as Madeline

My friend Shannon as a 'Naughty girl scout' I say Naughty because her badges said naughty things on them. But because this site is usually rated PG, I am unable to say... and Me as Dorthy


Hallie as a darling showgirl.... Start spread'n the news...


Okay, before you ask- WHAT THE HECK WAS I THINKING??? I plead the 5th
Anyway, this is Shianne and Kasey dressed as maids. Chelsea sorry I never returned your maid costume that Kasey borrowed. I promise it's in the mail!


Kasey as a Flapper



Hallie as a Pink Princess


Hallie as a Flapper


Jaylyn as a Red Devil and Me as Wonder Woman. I wore this costume a lot! I guess I knew that one day I wouldn't be able to wear it...

Kasey as Cruella De Vil


Me as Cruella De Vil and Hallie as Dorthy

Hallie as Dorthy


Hallie as a Zebra/cat of some type? Kasey as a baby( I don't know why she didn't dress up this year?) J/K And Jaylyn as Dorthy


Jaylyn as an Evil witch


Avery as Tigger. Notice, out of all of his candy what he wanted...Suckers


Avery as a Dalmatian. Again notice the candy choice??? Really I'm not complaining, it just means more chocolate for me!


Avery, Cubbie player



Jett, as a Cowboy/Sheriff ( The hat on the table is a cake! How cute is that!)


This pic was taken in 1978. My niece Nikki is the witch, my niece Danya is the ghost, and I'm the scary looking princess? And ironically I'm holding A SUCKER- funny...


I believe this was taken circa 1985. I'm dressed as PeeWee Herman. I won first place in the costume contest at school for this one.


One of my favorite costumes of all time! This is Jett dressed as an Umpa-lumpa. My sis-in-law Kandace and my Mother-in-law Jo-Jo, made this costume...SO DARLING! And it gets better, Jett was the one who decided he wanted to be an Umpa-Lumpa... This year he wants to be 'Harry' from Harry and the Hendersons... I can't wait to see it!


Kasey as a Geisha Girl. She had washed her make-up off before I took the pic, which is very unfortunate because she looked soooo dang cute.



And last, but not least... This pic was taken a year after Troy and I had met. How I got him to wear this costume is still a mystery to me. I'm sure it had something to do with the fact that we were not yet married. I think that if I were to ask him today to wear it again, he would DECLINE...

Well, if you made it here ALIVE congrats, and I hope you have a SPOOK-TACULAR HALLOWEEN... (cue scary laughter, and fade out)
































3 comments:

Chelsea said...

I am dying laughing! What an awesome post. I love the pictures of you guys in all your different costumes! Love it, love it, love it. And about my maid costume......

Amanda said...

Dang, girl! You DO love Halloween! Those are all awesome costumes! Love it! What are you guys going to be this year? I think you should wear the wonder woman costume to our Ward Party. That would definitely top any looks you received last year as Cruella. In fact, you ARE wonder woman, wear it! Wear it!

Kandace said...

Meg,
I tell ya...you are creative. That was such a fun post!!! I loved every picture. You were such a perfect Marilyn and Pee Wee...two very different extremes. Maybe you should have been an actress. I still think my favorite is Cruella. How cute are all those kids. And Superman...Tyler and I are still laughing. Troy made a great Superman.
Love you!!!