Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Indiana, The crossroads of America...

When we first moved to Chicago, I had planned to go with my Dear Husband as often as possible on road trips. He covers about 10 states in the Midwest, and drives often. So we thought it would work out that we (Avery and I, possibly Kasey) could tag along and stay at the Hotel, and swim and shop etc. Well three years and ONE ROAD TRIP LATER we got to go with Troy to Indiana for a couple days...
I suppose when we first moved here we forgot?? that we have a D.O.G.??? We knew Kas could stay at a friends house or come with us if she wanted too, but the dog we forgot to calculate into this little equation? He has been the reason over and over that we could not go on these trips.
And quite honestly, after just returning from a (very long) 5 hour road trip, I am so thankful for the dog!
I just really don't like driving long distances in a car?
It's not that I didn't have a great time, because I did! But the drive just kills me! I'm sooo impatient! I'm like the 8 year old in the back seat asking "Are we there yet?" "How much longer?" "You mean three more HOURS???"
Seriously I don't know how my DH does it?


So anyway, we stopped in Indianapolis for dinner on the way to Richmond, ( which is about an hour away from Indianapolis.) We ate at Pf Chang's. It was delicious, as always. When we pulled up to the restaurant Avery said "Where's Papa?" I guess he associates eating out with Papa. And if you read this blog regularly, you know why...



When we got to the Hotel, we took our bags to the room and rushed down to the pool. Avery was SOOOO excited to go swimming!


Right when we got in, Avery swallowed a little water and started throwing up! Thank goodness we were the only ones in the pool! We spent the rest of the time in the Hot tub...




The next day, Troy had a show at the Hotel. So Avery and I hung out for a while in the room, got ready and went down to the show. It was fun! You definitely get A LOT of attention when you're the only woman among 180 men... I think I scored us a couple of stadium seats and a new Wilson woman's basketball! I guess we'll see if the stuff shows up in the mail!

Lunch break during the show, found us at Red Lobster. Avery loves the Lobsters and our waiter came over and got one out for him! It was cool. We got to touch is fuzzy tail and as you can see, took a couple pics. When we asked the guy what the Lobsters name was he said, "LUNCH!"
How sad, but how good...




After the show, we packed up and started home. We again stopped in Indianapolis but this time we ate at ST. ELMOS
If you ever find yourself in Indianapolis Indiana, go eat at St. Elmos!




It was great! Avery slept the entire time we were there, which was such a blessing! No one ever brings kids into St Elmos! I'm sure they about died when we walked in with him!
But you wouldn't know it! Everyone was so wonderful to us!
One thing about St. Elmos that differs from a lot of other restaurants, they have all male servers, or so we thought! A woman brought us over our dinners, and so we asked her a few questions. She is the 8th woman to ever work there, in over 100 years! She said Avery was about the 10th kid she's ever seen in the restaurant! She also said that on average she makes 500.oo dollars a night! ON AVERAGE! Holy crap! I made about 200.oo, a night on average at LaCaille, and I had to wear a corset! She was in a tux!
She said she made 800.00 the night before AND they get benefits AND they have it set up that they actually get taxes BACK! Servers NEVER get benefits let alone get taxes back!

Pretty cool! She said it's almost impossible to get a job there because nobody EVER leaves!



After dinner we were back on the road. It wasn't too bad... Well yes it was! Driving with all those huge trucks is so dang scary! It makes me even MORE worried about Troy doing it all the time! Avery slept another couple of hours, when he did wake up, he just snacked on chips and brownies, and watched Scooby-Doo DVD's
He was better in the car that I was!
All and all it was a very nice trip! But I will NOT be taking another road trip anytime soon!
And even though she doesn't read my blog (she's WAY TOO COOL FOR THAT!) thanks KAS for taking such good care of Kain! And thank you for having the house clean when we got home!
And thank you for NOT having a party while we were gone!
You didn't have a party while we were gone, right?






4 comments:

Karli said...

Way cute pictures. You totally look like a model in every picture. So dang jealous! (:

St. Elmo's sounds way nice. I would probably be willing to work there for those benefits & money! Glad you were able to go with Troy & Avery and spend some qt together. I'm not one for much travel in the car, but we plug in the i-pod and I read books or magazines to Zac and thankfully he doesn't mind driving at all. He'll love it even more someday when he gets his bmw! (:

Chelsea said...

$500 a night?! Wow! I am definately in the wrong line of work.

You look so tan in all your pictures--did you ever use my left over minutes at the salon?? I told you about them didn't I? Go use them, keep your awesome color....

Amanda said...

Who takes all those great pictures of all of you? Looks like such a fun time. And, I agree with Chelsea, you do look super tan, and Troy, well....he doesn't!

Kandace said...

I'm a little behind on my blog reading. I'm so glad you finally went on a road trip. It sounds like Kasey stayed home? Wow, she's growing up. Avery was a darling Cubs player. You guys sure know how to work the Chicago folks...extra candie. What a darling blog for Mama Jo. Isn't she a sweetie? I love you guys!! Give hugs and kisses to all.