Monday, March 10, 2008

This family has gone to the DOGS!

February 28Th marked the 57Th Wedding anniversary for my Mom and Pop!
We celebrated with a dinner party and of course my Mom's very favorite
CAKE!!!
If throwing a party at her house means there will be cake, she will do it!

A few days later my Mom saw yet another opportunity for cake, my sister Cara's birthday! We had her and her family over and my Mom made another cake!
As a matter of fact, I just took a small break in writing this to eat a piece!
I'm trying to limit myself to one piece a day...
Anyway, happy Anniversary and Birthday
We have also kept busy going to basketball games. I have even started playing again,
CHURCH BALL... it's been brutal!
I'll post more later on that subject!


We were driving around looking at homes the other day and stopped over at Kandace and Tyler's house. Or should I say 'Diesel and Turbo's' house!



Diesel and Turbo are Kan and Tyler's two HUGE Great Danes!




When I look at our dog Kain, when he's not around these two giants, I think he's pretty big. I mean he weighs 85 pounds! But just look how tiny he looks next to them!
Kain can literally walk underneath Diesel (the black dog)
It's just crazy to me! And they are the sweetest dogs you could ever meet! They might knock you over and whip you with their tails, but it wouldn't be on purpose... They just want you to scratch them and love them!



Then we took a break from the dogs and played with Kandace's tummy!



Then it was back to the dogs! This is Troy's brother Ty giving his little baby
'Roxy' a bath.

And here are Daddy and Avery getting ready to wash Kain. This place was AWESOME!
It's called "Dirty Johnson's Dog Wash"
You wash your dog in a tub that is raised off the ground so you don't have to bend down or get on your knees. Each tub is equiped with a high pressured warm water hose. They have all types of shampoo and conditioners, ear cleaner, polish for nails- you name it!
After they're all clean you blow dry your dog with these giant hoses, that blow out warm air and then you brush them and spray them with doggie cologne!
Avery absolutely loved it! Kain, however didn't! But he's so clean and smells so good!









3 comments:

Amanda said...

I love seeing pics of Kandace's tummy...so happy for them! However, Tyler doesn't look very happy in that picture!!!
Your family has gone to the dogs!

colby said...

I just saw where a mother got in trouble for spraying her daugher down at a car wash! What's the difference with dogs? I didn't know Kandace is pregnant - that's awesome. When is she due?
P.S. Took you long enough to post this blog. I noticed you didn't use the picture with me in it!!!

Jill said...

mmmm cake! I am glad you are having so much fun out there. Love the updates!