Sunday, April 13, 2008

I've got two words for you. VE~GAS...

I have a darling girlfriend named Shannon that use to always say that when it was time for a trip to Vegas. So still to this day, when there is talk of going to Vegas, I use that line and it makes me laugh! I miss you Shan...
Although this trip was minus my girlfriends and plus a husband and two children it was definitely a trip to remember!
My DH had to travel to Las Vegas for work this past week and so Hallie, Avery and I decided to tag along for the ride.
And since this trip was half work half play for Troy, we stopped at Southern Utah University so he could get a little work done.
It just so happens that my dad's painting of Utah's old Governor Mike Leavitt
hangs there. So Hallie, Avery and I went to see it. This pic does not do it justice, but I just couldn't get a good one of it. I tried everything from dimming the lights, turning off the flash etc... But the varnish on the pic would cast a glare no matter what I tried. So anyway, Governor Leavitt went to SUU and wanted that picture there more than anywhere else. The entire room is filled with his Governorship memorabilia and truly that painting is a MASTERPIECE!

So Vegas was great! Hallie and Avery are THE BEST KIDS to take on a trip!
They NEVER complained! Not in the car driving for 7 hours! Not when we walked for hours up and down the strip. Not when it was too cold and windy to swim! Seriously they are ANGELS!
It was the complete opposite from when Troy and I first met, we took Jaylyn and Kasey to Vegas and we vowed NEVER~EVER to do it again! They fought the entire trip! They cried and complained and it was truly NOT FUN!


Anyway back to this trip. Here are a few pictures...
The kids in front of the Excalibur



Me giving a little love to Caesar...




Remember the movie 'Big' with Tom Hanks? We relived that part in the movie when he played Heart and Soul on a giant keyboard at FAO Swartz toy store. It was a riot!





I'm sure anyone who has ever been to Las Vegas has a picture of themselves in front of this now infamous Siegfried and Roy LION statue...
Poor Siegfried......or was it Roy?





Here we are at Treasure Island.







Troy and Avery as close to a bike as either one of them will ever get...



And lastly Avery and Hallie with Humpty at the Palazzo...
Well that's or trip, I can't wait until the next one! We might even consider giving Kas and Jay another chance? What do you think girls, do you feel LUCKY?










4 comments:

Chelsea said...

I love Las Vegas. One of the coolest things about living in Utah is how easy it is to get away for a few days. Las Vegas is so close it makes it easy to visit. Looks like you guys had fun.

That painting of Levitt is amazing. I would like to see it in person---it looks like a photograph. Your dad is so talented.

Stefanie said...

I love the painting at SUU- next time we are down there i'll have to find it and check it out.

Amanda said...

What a fun trip! I've only been to Vegas once, and I didn't see any of that stuff...guess you gotta know where to go! Glad you guys made it back. Glad you updated your blog!!

Chelsea said...

Meg--have you seen our Tell it to me Tuesday stuff? Come write with us.. Stef picked the topic this week. Look at my blog and then you write.