Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tell it to me Tuesday...

A few of my girlfriends have started a 'Creative writing' group.
Obviously they will allow anyone to take part in this group if I am allowed?
I can vaguely remember a class in High school called creative writing?
So anyway go to the link and check it out. Each Tuesday there will be a new topic to write about.
Today's topic is by Stefanie. It was a quote by Benjamin Franklin...
"Three may keep a secret if two of them are dead."
I knew this girl who once said, "I will step on anyone I have to, to get what I want!"
I never told her another thing I didn't want the world to know! I know this was probably an extreme case, but quite honestly I was happy to know the kind of person she was upfront. This way I knew that I could not trust her.
Secrets, oh secrets. I am keeping a very big secret right now, that I have only told a couple people. So far so good. Although this secret is not meant to be kept for life, I have still asked the people I have told to keep it locked up until further notice.
What I find most interesting are the people I have chosen to hold my secret. Would I chose the same people with a secret that would need to be kept for life, probably not. Let me tell you why. I have been burned enough times in this life that I can still see the scars. I want to trust people, but quite honestly I don't! There are two people, on this entire Earth, that I would trust with my deepest secret! I KNOW that if I told these two people never to tell anyone my secret, that they would ABSOLUTELY NOT TELL!
I would love to say that I had more than two on that list, but I don't...
So in my humble opinion, I would have to say that old Benny was wrong. Maybe he just didn't know the right people!
And just for the record, my darling dog (pictured above) is not one of the two...
although I do trust him!

12 comments:

Chelsea said...

I'm glad your in. I think your right---I think that poor Ben just didn't have very good friends.

Stefanie said...

I am so glad you've joined us Megan!! I love the picture of you and your dog. But more importantly I appreciate what you wrote. This was a great topic this week and it makes me grateful for good and loyal friends!

colby said...

I can't believe you're keeping a secret from your family. You don't think it would go any farther do you? Now it's going to really bug me.

Chelsea said...

Your so busted now---your sister is totally onto you.

doezie10 said...

Colb, my secret will be revealed soon enough!
And Chels, I felt your choice of words to be very interesting!
~BUSTed~??????

doezie10 said...

I mean I FOUND your choice of words interesting...

colby said...

You're getting a boob job! Secrets out!!!

Chelsea said...

That is so funny! I didn't even think about that...bust-ed! Well, I guess your secret is out then...I guess everyone knows you're having a life sized bust made for Troy. He's going to love it! I just love bronzed busts! They are always so life like..and so...large. I mean, they are certainly nice to look at. I love to go somewhere when they have all those busts out on display. I really like George Washington's bust--that one displayed in the US History Museum. Oh yeah, that bust is BIG!

doezie10 said...

Crap! See Colby that is exactly why I didn't tell you my secret in the first place! DON'T print these comments off for Mom and Dad until after the 25th.
I guess Ben was right... CRAP!

colby said...

If Chelsea is one of the 2 friends who will keep your secrets now you're left with only one (Troy)!

doezie10 said...

Colby, I believe that my good friend Chelsea, if asked to keep a secret for life would do that for me...would I bet my life on it.....no
The two people are of course my DH Troy and the other is none other than your daughter, Nikki...

colby said...

That's what I thought. She get's it from her mom (being able to keep secrets!!?)