Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Tell me Tuesday, ALOHA style...

As a child I can remember many wonderful family vacations. Most of them were to places close to where we lived like St. George Utah, Arizona, and California. We almost always drove and the trip usually served two purposes. For instance, when we went to St.George it was to see my sister in a musical at college, or if it was Arizona we would take paintings of my Dad's to put in galleries. California was for the Ocean and on occasion a day at Disneyland.

But by far my very favorite trip as a child was to

HAWAII...

My sister Cara (pictured above) served a mission in Australia (Good day Aussie)

So our family decided it would be the perfect time to take a family trip to Hawaii to met Cara half way home from her mission...

It was a riot! I was only in sixth grade but I remember it well!

So here's a little trip down memory lane. I will describe the pics from left to right and please forgive me for the poor picture quality. Our scanner is still packed somewhere so I had to try and take pictures of the pictures and so this is as good as it gets!

I'm assuming we are at Pearl Harbor in the above pic.

My Mom, sis Colby, sis Cara, bro Grig, niece Danya, Me in the purple shirt giving the "Hang loose" sign with not just one but both hands! Niece Nikki, sis Darcie, and bro Gavin...


Me, Nikki, and Danya at the Polynesian Center trying to learn to Hula...



Who wears short, shorts?

Cara, Colby, Nikki, Me giving the "Hang loose" sign 'again', Danya and My Mom.




Nikki and me caught in the surf. We are definitely the picture of grace and style!
Oh that was so much fun!




My Mom and Dad...I'm not sure why she is looking at him that way, but they are sure a darling couple...






Nikki, me(the goofy-goober in the back) Cara, Colby
Colb~You can thank me later for the bikini pic...






This is one of my very favorite pictures from our trip.
Colby, Darcie, Nikki (picking her suit out of her bum) Me, Cara and Danya trying to help my poor Mom up. She wasn't really use to being in the Ocean. It proved to be a little too much for her.








Danya, Mom, Me and Darcie on the ground and my always a ham for the cam Dad!
What a wonderful experience it was to have a family vacation like this!
I wish we could do it again!
I have to say there is absolutely NO value you can put on pictures! They are truly priceless...










3 comments:

colby said...

No, I think I'll thank you now! Thank heavens they are a picture of a picture - a little blurry. I can't believe how young mom and dad are. I agree it was the best trip. Poor mom kept getting knocked down from the waves. Your pictures at the hospital of Carson are cute!

Freddie Dawn said...

Those are the greatest pictures!!

Chelsea said...

Awesome pictures! This was a good topic.

You pick the next one ok?!