Monday, June 23, 2008

A place of Love and Beauty...

Yesterday we took a trip downtown to walk around Temple square.
It was an absolutely perfect day to do so and we had such a nice time...

Of course we couldn't get Jay and Kasey off the couch to come with us. They were still complaining a little from just coming home from 'Trek'
so we didn't make them come with us.
Although I will say, it makes me so sad to think that they are always missing out on the family
adventures.
Especially the spiritual ones!


Anyway, we walked around the Temple grounds and told stories to Hallie and Avery
about all of the hard work that went into building that
absolutely AMAZING TEMPLE!
For those of you who don't know, in the above picture we are standing in front of one of my Dad's original paintings titled
'Nebuchadnezzar's Dream'
It is one of my very favorite paintings.

It is just one of many paintings of my Father's that hang in the North Visitor Center on Temple Square...

Hallie has just started the Baptism discussions with the missionaries.
(We were living in Chicago when she turned eight)
so now she has to take the missionary discussions,
which is wonderful for our family, we love any reason to have the missionaries over!

We have been teaching her everything we know about being baptised.
So what better a teaching tool could there be than a picture of the Savior being baptised.
And even better, a picture painted by her Grandpa!
What a very special time this is for her and for our families...



This painting is titled
'Jesus in the Temple at Twelve'
A copy of this painting hangs in every Temple in the world!
I can hardly explain in words just how proud I am of my Father!
His talent and love for his Savior is seen all over the entire world.
What an amazing part he plays in building up
The Kingdom of God.





What a beautiful experience it is to visit Temple square.
And what a blessing it is to have it so close to us.

I am so thankful to be home...

I am so thankful for my family...






2 comments:

Amanda said...

Who took all those pictures of your family? Your dad is so very talented and it must be such a warm feeling to be in front of his paintings at temple square. What an honor to be a part of church history....forever.

Chelsea said...

Meggy--I moved. www.frommysideofthefence.com

I know, stay put already right?