Friday, July 25, 2008

4~tee SEVEN...

For those of you who don't celebrate the 24TH of July and are wondering why we celebrate the 24TH of July, let me tell ya...
In 1847 the Mormon pioneers
walked from Illinois to Utah.
Even way back then, they knew they needed to get as far away from that place as possible!
And come to the AMAZING and GLORIOUS,
"This is the place UTAH!!!"
We honor the Saints with parades, rodeos,
parties and fireworks...
This year we didn't make it to the Parade. It was just way to early for Avery and I,
but we did watch a little of it on t.v...
We did, however, make it to the 'Days of 47 Rodeo'
Originally our seats were in the nose~bleed section, but ten minutes into the show, one of the ushers came over to us and asked if we wanted to go down to the front row.
Of course we did and it was GREAT!
It got even better when we found out the very special guest in the audience...
Look closely to the above picture.
There is a man standing in the middle with his arms folded.
Go down a little to the right of him, there is a man in like a orange shirt and next to him a man is in a suit....
It's President Monson!
Yes, even the President of our church loves the Rodeo!

It was awesome!
Next it was pool time!
My niece Trista and her son Shay, who is pictured above with Avery, invited us to their pool for a little fun in the sun.


It was the first time I made Avery go into the deep and he
FREAKED OUT!
He loves water, as long as he can touch the bottom.

I don't know how he'll ever learn to swim!


(Troy, my Dad, my bro. Gavin)

Then it was party time at our house.
Well it's not actually our house it's my Mom and Dads...
but we inhabit the lower half of it
and we appreciate it
IMMENSELY!!!





Here I am with the newest addition to my side of the family
Baby Carson.
He is my niece Nikki's baby.







This picture is a little blurry, but it is so cute I had to post it!

(Kyle, Ryker, Avery, Hallie, Cassidy)
Out watching fireworks...





Avery was a little scared of the sparklers.
At first he wouldn't even touch them.
You can tell by the picture, he still isn't completely
comfortable with it.








Danya holding Nikki's baby Carson, Me, Colby my favorite sister who USE to comment on this blog regularly, but for some reason doesn't anymore??? And Nikki, who just had baby Carson two months ago and is already skinnier than me!
Yucky!

2 comments:

colby said...

She reads your blog religiously and copies it for your parents religiously. I'm just an old lady with few words! I do think you are quite funny though!! Does that make you feel any better???

doezie10 said...

Colby, anytime you comment on my blog makes me feel better!